Praise of good wardens

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Some wardens seem to be getting a bit of negative press. Does anyone have any positive remarks about wardens?

I do, I'll go first:

Wildrose, Appleby, Cumbria. Four of us girls took my caravan and stayed there for a week. Unfortunately, we were struggling to put up my awning. The warden came over and asked us if he could help. He was met with a unanimous 'yes'. If he hadn't kindly offered to help, we would probably have still been there now!

Lisa

Apr 27, 2006
Visit site
The new wardens at Kielder Water. They have the site looking lovely with flower arrangements at reception, bird tabkes and feeders but were quite happy to come out at 7.00 p.m. to help out a caravaner whose oven/fridge were pournig out smoke! THis being a brand new caravan and the owners new to caravaning.

Jul 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi LMH,

Call me old fashioned, but i bet your Knight in shining armour wouldn't have been so eager to oblige had it been four blokes struggling with the awning!

Regards,

Gavin.

G

My cousin recently joined the Caravan club, his student daughter went to join them for a few days at a Yorkshire club site. On arrival she explained that her mother had booked her in for the middle three of the seven nights, the lady warden was reluctant to even say that her parents were in fact on site and gave a strong lecture when she asked if she could just drop her stuff off from her car before parking it outside.

The warden was very reluctant to let her in just for a few minutes, but during the stay they saw "regulars" receiving visitors by car.

They had split their holiday as one CC site was fully booked the first week, when they arrived at the site the waqrdens said that they had vacancies each day as people had not turned up or cancelled on the day. Talking with others it seems some booked sites in advance at busy times and then cancel or don't turn up if they have a change of heart as it costs them nothing to cancel.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi LMH,

Call me old fashioned, but i bet your Knight in shining armour wouldn't have been so eager to oblige had it been four blokes struggling with the awning!

Regards,

Gavin.
Perhaps it had something to do with the short skirts and high heels! (NOT!).

Lisa

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi LMH,

Regards,

Gavin.
I thought I saw you in short skirt and high heels at Easter but it turned out to Lol. ;O)

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Gavin

I go to Cumbria Park a lot the wards all way see plaesd to help me if I aks infat all the wards at the caravan club sit seem will to help on all the sits that I been to if I ask for some help with some think.

Mark

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi LMH,

Regards,

Gavin.
Your memory hasn't been affected by your illness then.

Ssssh, best not go there, he's got a big dog now you know and it might chase you.

Lisa

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi LMH,

Regards,

Gavin.
It's alright he can't find his way into the comment boxes, far too complicated.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi LMH,

Regards,

Gavin.
Ah bless.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi LMH,

Regards,

Gavin.
Yes, Ban the tramp!

Jul 9, 2006
Visit site
Hiya Lisa

biggest part of the wardens are great but what about fellow caravanners helping when am on site a can't see anybody struggle i come and help thats what its all about isn't.Ian.L

Apr 27, 2006
Visit site
Hiya Lisa

biggest part of the wardens are great but what about fellow caravanners helping when am on site a can't see anybody struggle i come and help thats what its all about isn't.Ian.L
I agree is you are on site and someone is struggling you otther to help but that is not always the case. If any one was at Clumber Park on the hottest Sunday in August and sat and watched me, a single female, reverse the caravan, site it and then put the awning up single handed then they should be ashamed of themselves. They being a group of around five women sitting down with glasses of wine blatently watching me and making comments. Lets hope they are never on site without they obviously able husbands.

P.s. This is the first time this has happened as there is normally a knight in shining armour or female comes to help.

Jul 2, 2006
Visit site
Gavin

I go to Cumbria Park a lot the wards all way see plaesd to help me if I aks infat all the wards at the caravan club sit seem will to help on all the sits that I been to if I ask for some help with some think.

Mark
Hi Mark,

i was being sarcastic, i've never been south of the border with my van yet, but maybe you were wearing a mini skirt and high heels too...?????????

Cheers, Gavin

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts