Pressure switch.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
This question was raised about a week ago. Mine on a S5 Bailey Bordeaux did occasionally require to be adjusted. Didn’t take very long to do it. Current van seems stable.

Aug 15, 2017
Visit site
So I've heard, including I think on the Whale website. I was looking recently as I encountered some trouble creeping up on us over recent trips in the sense the pump wasn't cutting out every time. It came to a head, possibly coincidentally or possibly in line with your question, when we used it for the first time ever off the battery rather than electric hook-up to the point I was motivated to look up https://www.whalepumps.com/rv/siteFiles/resources/docs/resource-library/WhaleAdjustingyourpressureswitchb.pdf and got the screwdriver out. Seems surprisingly temperamental even after following these clear-ish instructions, so not sure if there's some other problem afoot or it just takes repeated fine tunings to restore things.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes, quite a few vans need the pressure switch adjusting when off grid and they are not operating at the 13v or thereabouts that the PSU provides.

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
Thank you. Thought it was just our van. Running a 60w solar panel on the roof but it struggles to keep above 12v at times but over 16v was measured coming from the panel earlier today.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Adjusting the Whale pressure switch is (regrettably) a regular necessity on my van.

My adjuster is at the rear of the lower compartment of the wardrobe and means lying on the floor and having a torch to hand, a long reach flat blade screwdriver makes adjustment so much easier, this sort of thing:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rothenberger-8-0006-Long-Reach-Screwdriver/dp/B003P90E7M
Recently I found a set of 2, one flat blade one philips in Poundland, the quality is more than good enough for this specific job, be careful not to drop the nylon locking nut on the adjuster as it can be a pain to retrieve.

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
If you are using a Whale Watermaster submersible pump this may be of interest..............

Click here and watch the video.

I fitted one of these, very easy to install. It seems to work well. I occasionally need to recallibrate the system, but that's easy to do.

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
BaileyNiggles said:
You need recalibrate it, even though one of its principal features is the need to not recalibrate?

We were away off grid and we let the aquaroll run dry. Subsequently the pump kept stopping, so the simplest thing to do was recalibrate (using the shower) which sorted the problem. I figured that the problem might have been that we were running entirely off the battery, rather than EHU.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts