Pressure washers on caravans ?

May 18, 2007
Visit site
Hi..

I clean my car using a domestic pressure washer, nothing too powerful but a pressure washer all the same.

Would it me safe to use on my caravan or is it not advisable ?

Regards

Steve

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
It is normally advised against using a pressure washer as it can damage seals and result in leaks and get into fridge vents.If used on the 'soft'spray you would be ok but then you might as well use a hose.

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
I always use the pressure washer ,i first use the rotary brush that gives the shampoo then i stand back about 4/5 feet on full pressureas this gives a wide arc and it blows off the shampoo, often it blows so much that only a light rub with chamois leather is required.

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
A definite No-No-, I'm afraid. Hobby and some other German manufacturers make a point of warning against the use of pressure washers - and that's with German-quality seals.

I dread to think what would happen if Brit seals were subjected to a power wash - although that doesn't stop a lot of caravan dealers busily hosing down their new & used stock with such devices of the devil.

The difference, I suppose, is that they (the dealers) don't have to buy them! (and will pick up warranty work when the damp shows through)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts