Private Caravan Storage Insurance requirements

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
Just a quick bit of advice needed if you could be so kind...
I currently store my caravan on a silver CASSOA site and am thinking of moving it to a private site in Anglesey which is near to where my family and I like to go on holiday.
I have caravan insurance through the Caravan Club but am curious as to what insurance is required by the storage site. I'm guessing public liabilty insurance at the very least but what else? Is there minimum security requirements thay need to be in place by the storage site in order to gain storage site insurance themselves? I use a wheel lock and a hitch lock on my caravan which is also CRIS registered.
I have read posts on here regarding pros / cons of CASSOA sites.
Am I naivily missing something?

Thanks
Jon

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello John,
There are no statutory regulations about what insurance you must have to own or store a caravan. Its basically your own choice whether to take out insurance or not, but you must weigh up the risks to form your own opinion on the matter.

By far the most common solution is to take out insurance, but again as there are no statutory regulations on the matter the type and scale of insurance is again down to you.

Where you are using a storage site, the site operator can set out anything they choose, so ask your site for their terms and conditions.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Our site operator requires you to have public liability insurance and present a copy of the certificate which is essentially the policy schedule and to turn the gas off. Others require you to remove the cylinders altogether and ours like many others will not allow other than minor maitanance on site. The insurer will need to be told of the move as the Cassoa Silver site may give you a discount on the premium. Depending on what the new site is you may even find they will not cover you, depends on the security..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts