Problem with neighbours car

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Why wait? It’s the permissions and protocol that need sorting, not the programme.

John

I agree, as despite the aggro the neighbour also has a right to agree an acceptable time and duration they will be "inconvenienced".

So, as said earlier if you and the tenant can't sort something amicable out then you need the owner to do so.

Best then not have committed to a builder's deadline, dictating time scales before the ground rules are known.

Reactions: Dustydog
Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Yep ok....good points there👍
I thought it best to wait until I had a firm date,but I think your right by giving him and the council as much notice as possible.
Thank you.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I have complete sympathy with the OP. We live in a small cul-de-sac and have been here 25 years. Its been heaven. However over the last twelve months we have had three elderly residents die. One of the houses has been bought by social services and we now have Jed Clampitt and his family living across, they are cuasing mayhem.................see my thread about cracked windows. The other two have been bought by two families, friends of each other and their kids are basically feral. Its gone from heaven to hell in a year. We have gone to the extent of installing CCTV. We had the police involved re the caravan and they were about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. Next time, I wont waste my time with them, I will simply use the CCTV evidence and the County Courts and sue for the full amount.

We are lucky that we dont suffer aggression issues as I am definitely not a snowflake. But that said, if you respond in that way, you not only lose the moral highground, but would probably lose out in other ways. The social services depatment that housed the clowns had absolutely no interest.

Usually in these matters, you find yourself very much alone and its hard to know how to tackle it. Well, I do know, but the wife wont let me. :(

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
We had a similar situation about 10 years ago.
The nice family who lived opposite us in the cul de sac relocated to North Wales, an Asian gentleman bought their house and promptly let it to the local Social Services.
A group of young Somalian adolescent males were moved in, very loosely supervised by a slightly older African lady.
The problems started off gradually, loud sweary rap music, general noise, and then we had drug dealers dropping off 'supplies'.
Rubbish started to pile up outside the house, there was noise during the night and screaming matches from the disreputable young girls who had taken to hanging around the young men.
Most of us in the cul de sac have lived there for years and we all get on very well with each other.
The situation was becoming intolerable, we collectively wrote to the local council, the social services and the police were called regularly because of the drug dealing, all to no avail.
None of us had contact details for the buy to let landlord, but his house was being trashed and these problem neighbours were blighting the cul de sac.
The problem was eventually solved when during a visit to my local I bumped into an old mate, Aitchy (Harbajhan) Singh who used to live round the corner from us.
We were putting the world to rights over a couple of pints and I mentioned what had been happening over the road.
Aitchy said that he'd find out how to contact the buy to let guy, and good as gold he popped round to ours with the address and phone number of the landlord two days later.
I contacted the landlord who had no idea of what had been going on, he received the rent direct from social services and hadn't visited his investment.
They were gone a couple of months later, evicted I think.
It took the landlord ages to repair the interior of his house, and when it was done a really nice local family moved in, and peace has been restored.
Don't put up with anti social behaviour, if this neighbour can afford a Bentley he shouldn't be in a council house.
Get in touch with your local councillor to ask why this obviously wealthy family are in council accommodation.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Glad you've now returned to normality Parksy.
That must have been a terrible experience for you and your neighbours.
As for my neighbour with the 2 cars plus Bently,it may have something to do with him (legally) only working 18 hours a week,then claiming all the benefits he can get his hands on and going out most days doing cash in hand jobs.
He has his daughter(not working),her partner(not working) and 4 grandchildren living there).
One of his cars (with rear heavily blacked out windows)has been adapted to carry all his tools for private work.
(A number of people have said they have seen him working at various properties with 2 who have had work carried out by him said he refuses cheques or bank transfers).
Reminds me of the saying...."Work harder.....the benefit cheats are depending on you"😡

Reactions: Parksy
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Have you considered this

National Benefit Fraud Hotline (NBFH)
Telephone: 0800 854 440
Textphone: 0800 328 0512
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

National Benefit Fraud Hotline
Mail Handling Site A
Wolverhampton
WV98 2BP

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Glad you've now returned to normality Parksy.
That must have been a terrible experience for you and your neighbours.
As for my neighbour with the 2 cars plus Bently,it may have something to do with him (legally) only working 18 hours a week,then claiming all the benefits he can get his hands on and going out most days doing cash in hand jobs.
He has his daughter(not working),her partner(not working) and 4 grandchildren living there).
One of his cars (with rear heavily blacked out windows)has been adapted to carry all his tools for private work.
(A number of people have said they have seen him working at various properties with 2 who have had work carried out by him said he refuses cheques or bank transfers).
Reminds me of the saying...."Work harder.....the benefit cheats are depending on you"😡
Try reporting to the HMRC.

Reactions: Thingy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts