Problems with truma ultrastore water heater

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The water will be at 70 degrees to start with , getting cooler as you use the hot water and cold water is introduced into the heater tank.
Initially it is very hot !!!

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Most likely you have the availability to heat by either or both gas and electric - are you sure neither has been switched on? If using gas ensure the cowl is removed from the flue outside the van!

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
At the time, I hadnt removed the cowl on the outside.
Wasnt planning on using hot water
We had had the ultra heater on to warm the caravan up, but not the ultrastore
Hence my confusion

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Ultrastore can only work to heat the water if one of either gas or electric fuel sources are activated.
The gas side should not work if the outside cowl cover is still in place, even if you select gas.

The electric side will work at any time it is switched on, even with no water in the tank which is why it is very important to ensure all switches are off when not using the van.

Dependent on where the mains switch is in relation to the boiler it is easy to knock it on if it is located close to the floor in a locker side panel.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
When packing up as we leave a site I put a small piece of black insulation tape on the switch so it doesn’t get switched on accidentally, I had several occasions where there was no hot water because I’d connected the EHU and when I’d fill the water system there would be no hot water until I’d pressed the reset button or on one van I had to turn the heater off for a few minutes to reset itself, I luckily got away with no damage to the water heater, hence the black tape over the switch.

BP

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Ours has its switches fir gas and electric low down on the internal front panel near to the offside locker. Before connecting EHU I have to recheck that the lightweight chairs that are carried there haven’t switched either on. Poor design.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts