PRODUCT TEST / COMPARISON

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
is anyone aware of PC doing comparison - product test on motor movers, indeed has it ever been done by any periodical ? If so can i have the details. Alternatively is one make particularly better than the other.

thank you

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Niel,

several years ago when the axle mounted versions became available there were several articles in the caravanning press about the various movers.

The best unit depends on what you want or expect it to do.

Only you can decide if the fitting of any kind of mover is worth it! You need to balance the benefits/drawbacks of each system against you own perceived or real needs. However can I raise some of the issues that you might consider before taking a decision?

Generic types - There are basically two types of movers currently available.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi Neil

There have been several 'threads' on motor movers so you might have to look back quite a way on this forum. Everyone feels they have the best, but Powrtouch seem to come out with flying colours. Not only do they have a 5-year no quibble guarantee (from new) this is included in the price quoted for fitting. Powrtouch also 'price match' so it is worth looking around to see what is on the market and the relevant costs. I think there are only 3: Reich, Truma and Powrtouch, at the moment on the UK market. If this is incorrect I am sure my forum colleagues will let me know!

We much prefer our Powrtouch (having had the others fitted to former caravans).

Hope this helps.

Ann

G

Neil,

I would support completely the recommendations for Powrtouch. I have had one for 2 years and is now on te new van. It makes siting the van a doddle, and can get you an admiring audience in no time. You can sometimes get too eager and flatten the battery doing twirls and turns. No seriously, it is good bit of kit. One thing to watch tho' is if you are parked on gravel or hardcore. The stones can stick to the tyres and will cause damage to the rollers if they get trapped.

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Neil,

I would support completely the recommendations for Powrtouch. I have had one for 2 years and is now on te new van. It makes siting the van a doddle, and can get you an admiring audience in no time. You can sometimes get too eager and flatten the battery doing twirls and turns. No seriously, it is good bit of kit. One thing to watch tho' is if you are parked on gravel or hardcore. The stones can stick to the tyres and will cause damage to the rollers if they get trapped.
I got five 9/10 for twirls and pirouettes last year at a cc site with my Powrtouch. Dropped 1 point from each as I hadnt shaved that day. Very important on a cc site!

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Apparently the new Truma motor mover is self engaging through the handset or remote. No more straining to engage the mover. Probably be my next upgrade.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts