Prone to delamination?

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I've just got myself a 2007 Bailey Senator series 5 with some extensive floor delamination. Its in the area around the kitchen (like my old van had) but also right at the front between the seats which i find unusual? Were the floors bad on these or have i bought one thats had hippo's bouncing about inside it lol????
Cheers,
Glenn

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I have a 2005 S5 Bailey and it too suffered what I thought was delamination but it was a loose retaining bolt which took about 5 minutes to fit with a drop of thread lock. Have a look underneath and make sure any bolts in that area haven't slackened off.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
glenn71 said:
Hi,
I've just got myself a 2007 Bailey Senator series 5 with some extensive floor delamination. Its in the area around the kitchen (like my old van had) but also right at the front between the seats which i find unusual? Were the floors bad on these or have i bought one thats had hippo's bouncing about inside it lol????
Cheers,
Glenn

We had bad floods in 2007 and it could be one of the caravans used at that time.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The floor seems 'bouncy' when you walk over it. Firstly I would check to see if there are any under floor fixings that may have loosened. You can see these from underneath the van. Make sure they have not slackened off, if they have then re-tighten. If this doesnt solve the bounciness then you may have delamination. A service center would be able to confirm, and the cure is to drill some holes and inject a fluid that when it sets it will have stiffened the floor. If it is delamination it is necessary to check what caused it as its mainly due to water/damp penetration. So any likely sources of damp should be sorted out in parallel.

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Forget that last post i have found my fault. I took up the non standard fitted carpet & underlay. Floor is soft pretty much all over. But at the back next to the bathroom the original lino had been cut & under it was an alloy sheet about 2 ft square screwed to whats left of the original rotten floor wood. It appears that the van has been in a flood or that the shower tray has been leaking for a long time (although that wouldnt explain why it is soft at the front). I feel sick to the stomach now. I paid the going rate private for this van & have used it only once. I cant believe I didnt pick up on this having had a van in the past with a delam floor. Guess i was too busy checking out the walls for signs of damp.The previous owners seemed genuine enough, but they only had it 4 months so I dont know if they knew about this/did the bodge for a quick sale or not. Gutted & not sure the way fwd.

TRENDING THREADS