Provence/Auvergne Rear Double bed

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Picked up Series 5 Provence last month and we are still trying to work out how to make back double bed up!

One set of cushions splits, the other side doesn't. We can either have an uneven double bed, or a thin double bed and a spare cushion and seat back - goodness knows where we are supposed to store it?

Any advise?

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Have you contacted your dealer or the person from whom you purchased the caravan? They would normally be able to resolve tese issues "in a jiffy" !

Good luck

John

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks John,

Yes - the dealer scratched his head and said they'd refer it to Bailey. Their only suggestion was put spare cushions under bed which:

1) They don't fit

2) Would block blown air vent.

I was told it could be a design fault, which seems difficult to believe in a 3 year old model (longer for the Auvergne).

Presumably a case of when is a 5 berth not a 5 berth?

Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
Hi Ian.........European law states that the height the bunk must be from the bottom bed is...whatever, so bailey provide the split mattress to conform.However, common sense tells you (and bailey have allowed for this) to use the cusions as they are.

Just simply pull the bed slatts out and slot the back cusions in between the seats either top side up or upside down...........easy

John

Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
Ian Can't think what the problem is , unless you have the wrong cusions.

In our '05 provence it is done how i described it with no probs whatsoever.

Just to clarify you don't need to open up the split cusions to form a double bed!!

John

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Sconny - in that case I suspect we have the wrong cushions!

One side splits, the other side doesn't. The side that splits is deeper than the side that doesn't - hence half of the double is higher than the other half!

The dealer is on the case with Bailey so hopefully the correct cushions will materialise. Thanks for your help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts