Puits de l' Auture near Royan

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi Rob

I have been to this site twice. The pitches are good size. Out of high season it is quiet it also has a good heated pool. I have been first 2 weeks in September and less than half full. Faces sea with beaches within a few hudred yards. Its a lovely site- one of the best I have used.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

Aug 8, 2006
Visit site
We were nearby a few weeks ago and "poked our noses round the door" to have a look. Looked good with a nice seafront location, but we thought the pitches looked quite small!

Mar 8, 2007
Visit site
Rob-T, we went there last year and I thought our pitch was OK (we have a 25' T/A).

The toilet blocks are a bit dated, but are spotless as they are cleaned around 3 times a day.

The pool is basic but with the beach being so close, the children didn't care and just used it for an early morning/late evening swim, while the adults got on with their routine jobs.

The Take-Away is convenient and the Bar was not too noisey, so overall I would go back, as the surrounding area (St.Palais) is wonderful for evening walks,

best regards, Martin

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, as always information from fellow caravanners who have actually seen the site is appreciated.

Any advice on route? We would be coming south from Caen. Would I need to go through Royan or can I by pass the town?

Thanks

Robert

May 18, 2007
Visit site
We stayed there last year a pleasant site but as stated the toilets are dated but clean. Depending on where you travel from you do not need to enter Royan.Just plan your route to approach from the west side of the area We would use this site again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts