Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Can anyone enlighten me to why some sites, do not allow pup tents alongside your caravan? I would understand if I had an awning, but I don't, so I have paid for the space anyway. Also those who do allow pup tents, only will allow one, why is this? I have teenagers who won't stay in the caravan with us, so they have their own pup tents. Those who do allow more than one, charge the earth. It takes me forever to find somewhere to stay, which will allow, more than one pup tent and two dogs. All my own doing I suppose.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Michelle.........not sure why sites do this, never actually had it, they might say its a fire risk or want to charge you more. when the latter happens I usually put the pup tent in the awning, especially if they want to charge for both as some parks do.

Mike

Mar 30, 2005
Visit site
I can answer this one, largely its because of what a caravan parks licence stipulates. For example a pup tent can take an additional 2 metres between your caravan and the pitch next door which means that you are not the "legal" distance apart therefore should there be a fire it would spread easily. This happened not so long ago at a park near ours and ruined lots of peoples vans and tents not to mention the owners business. This is becoming a bit of an issue with awnings also as they can be fairly space consuming.

At a previous park we owned the licence went so far as to say the annexe to any awnings were prohibited and that people could not sleep in an awning, its just depends on the area the park is situated in as to what it's licence states.

Hi, Michelle back, although Ive had to change my name as my email changed. I understand about legal distances, but I do not have an awning and the pup tents are very small, so it seems mad that I get penalised for awning lengths when I do not have one. We have given in now and are buying an awning!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts