Putts Corner

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi.
Just wondering if anyone has stayed at Putts Corner site(nr.Ottery St.Mary).
Been browsing for a quite,peaceful site around that area.
I've read the reviews and they sound really good.
Looking at the map,it seems within easy reach of Sidmouth,Seaton,Lyme Regis,Charmouth West Bay etc...
Any reviews would be helpful.👍

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes,I read there is a very good pub just a short stoll away.
I did notice though that although it says a good tv signal,there is no wi-fi.
Thats something for me(a bit of a novice at those sort of things) to look into.
Just looked on Google and it mentions mi-fi in caravans.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Always thought that Putts corner was somewhere up north? We have stayed on a site just outside Lyme Regis called the Shrubbery and a very nice site. Brilliant Fish & Chips place near car park in Lyme Regis.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
We were there at the beginning of Sept. Very nice site. The pitches are very variable. I honestly believe we had the best one on site but just by luck. Have a look at these pictures. Sorry I can’t remember the number, but it’s about three quarters of the way around the one way system. Behind the toilet block that’s just past the entrance.

The local pub is really nice. We booked and had a really nice carvery. A walk for the fit.

Going South we went A358 - A303. Instead of the obvious A373. That’s because the Club advised against using the A373. But it does not say why. I have read that others have used the A373 without problem.

Also it’s worth searching the forum for Putts Corner.

John

Reactions: Hutch
Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Thank you John.
That does look like a very good plot there that you had.
I did read a few reviews that said towards the bottom of the park is a bit shadier than the rest.
I looked at the site plan and I think I can see which part of the site you were on.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We were there at the beginning of Sept. Very nice site. The pitches are very variable. I honestly believe we had the best one on site but just by luck. Have a look at these pictures. Sorry I can’t remember the number, but it’s about three quarters of the way around the one way system. Behind the toilet block that’s just past the entrance.

The local pub is really nice. We booked and had a really nice carvery. A walk for the fit.

Going South we went A358 - A303. Instead of the obvious A373. That’s because the Club advised against using the A373. But it does not say why. I have read that others have used the A373 without problem.

Also it’s worth searching the forum for Putts Corner.

John
The pub is a level 0.5 mile walk from the site.

Reactions: Hutch
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We were there two weeks ago, always opt for fully serviced pitch, pub is uphill either through dog walk area in the woods or up the road, use the pub several times over the years, most recent was a disaster, forgot 1 meal we ordered, forgot a round of drinks,did have the grace to give us first round free to make up for forgotten meal, then tried to charge us for the round we didn't get. Area has lot's to keep you occupied, local towns are Sidmuth and Honiton, latter has Tesco with fuel, Aldi and Lidl, also street market on Saturdays. We go A303 A30

Reactions: GeorgeandAde
Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Level.......I like the sound of that🤗
Wifes at work still and I'm not sure if(when I show her the site),she will like it.
Personally,I like peaceful,clean,woodland settings to see and watch the wildlife.
We hardly ever go away during school holidays unless we have the grandchildren with us.
Don't want a clubhouse onsite just decent amenities,a small shop onsite for milk,bread,papers etc and lots of greenery.
Thats my priority and then use the car or public transport to go sightseeing.
I think the wife prefers a site where she can step out of the awning and within a few yards there is a beach,shops cafes etc.
I'm always up about 6 in the morning,strolling around the site(quietly) and enjoying the peacefulness and the birds springing into life.
The wife????
Quite happy to stay in bed until about 9.
I tell her thats a big part of the day gone and then prepare myself for a slap🤭
Myself?....peace,tranquility,and immediate surroundings first.
Anyway,will have to see what she says when she comes home.

P.S.
Anyone want to buy a wife?
One owner,house trained and cooks a mean breakfast🤣

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
How is she doing Scallops and Black pudding, followed with an Orange. Then she can go back to yourself and my missus can do me a bacon sandwich. .
I know I live in dream land.

Jul 16, 2008
Visit site
We did stop there several years ago, but sadly can`t recall much other than the weather was atrocious - so much so that the warden adopted a "get on any pitch you can, near enough is good enough" - which unfortunately leaves a jaundiced view of the area as a view from a brolly is never as good as one from T-shirts and shorts.

As mentioned though, the carvery and food in general was excellent at the pub along the road and well worth a visit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts