Pyramid Corsican

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Considering a Pyramid Corsican 1050 awning with alloy poles. Only going to be used for the main holidays 3 or 4 times a year. The Bradcot porch will do the rest of the year. Anyone with any views or opinions on THIS awning, as opposed to advice on what else we should get??

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We had a Pyramid Tuscany awning on our previous van. It was an OK awning and probably good for the money. The instructions left something to be desired but if you are used to putting awnings up then it wouldn't be a problem (we were awning newbies). The pole diagram was sewn into the canvas of the awning (we discovered later) rather than being on a seperate sheet, and we seemed to have more poles than needed. It had a clip on tie down kit which was useless (it just came out of the clip) but you could always use a conventional over the roof type. We were happy with ours for the price and for occaisional use.
mel

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
We have had a Pyramid Corsican 1050 for two years - no major problems just a couple of niggles - I found it was really helpful to number the poles against the 'exploded' erection instructions (ours also came with a DVD showing how to put it together).
One slight issue with it being 1050 long is that when on sloping ground (front to back) it is difficult to get enough downward slope/tension on the roof at the low end which can result in water collection - It comes with 5 x crossway roof poles but I am thinking of getting another couple of poles for this situation.
Love the elastic tension peg system - dead easy to use - except it means 'Skirt in' (I want this anyway), which also means that the upright poles cannot go into the ground and have to sit on the skirt (unless you want to ruck the skirt up around the pole), I have taken off the ground spikes and fitted rubber pads which seem to work fine.
Also like the tension/locking system on the extending poles.
Would I have another - Yes, so it can't be that bad.

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
We have had a Pyramid Corsican 1050 for two years - no major problems just a couple of niggles - I found it was really helpful to number the poles against the 'exploded' erection instructions (ours also came with a DVD showing how to put it together).
One slight issue with it being 1050 long is that when on sloping ground (front to back) it is difficult to get enough downward slope/tension on the roof at the low end which can result in water collection - It comes with 5 x crossway roof poles but I am thinking of getting another couple of poles for this situation.
Love the elastic tension peg system - dead easy to use - except it means 'Skirt in' (I want this anyway), which also means that the upright poles cannot go into the ground and have to sit on the skirt (unless you want to ruck the skirt up around the pole), I have taken off the ground spikes and fitted rubber pads which seem to work fine.
Also like the tension/locking system on the extending poles.
Would I have another - Yes, so it can't be that bad.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I bought a Corsican 1025, I wanted the alloy poles but was told by the supplier that with that size awning the alloy poles supplied would not stand up to heavy weather. I agree with JohnnyV that the rainwater holds on the roof.
In terms of quality, this must be one of the worst awnings on the market. After two years use ours has faded to a pale indication of the new colour, a lot of the peg down points around the sides have started pulling from the walls, the “brass” eyelets have rusted, a number of the zip tabs have broken off. The awning was supplied with a “free” draught skirt which is made from very thin polythene type material which is too weak and too short. Other manufacturers supply a decent draught skirt as a matter of course.
If you want a cheap awning that will not last very long then this is the one for you.

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
You beat me to it Clive. A mate of mine had Pyramid for a while and it was one of the poorest quality awnings I've ever seen. If you're on a budget have a look at the Harrigtons awnings from Discover which are actually superb quality, and not that expensive.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Not on a budget at all, just looking for value for money, which for the use it is going to get I don't see the point in getting another isabella!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts