Question for Swift group

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Kath

I had a thought a while back, I have a bit of a nose wieght problem on my van, as do quite a lot of people, I also like to take the bikes away on holiday, what i was woundering is would it be possible to design a bike rack that pulls out from the rear of the chassis, as its not a good idea to fix it to the caravan. I belive the new vaxhall corsa has one, this would be a great selling point.

Moth

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Adding weight to the back of a caravan to counter heavy noseweight is NOT the way to achieve a stable outfit - it creates a "dumbell" effect which will snake more readily than a properly loaded caravan.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Adding weight to the back of a caravan to counter heavy noseweight is NOT the way to achieve a stable outfit - it creates a "dumbell" effect which will snake more readily than a properly loaded caravan.
How do you adjust the nose weight?

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Moth - I bought a caravan layout with all the heavy equipment and fridge near the axle - when we have two full gas cylinders my wife's handbag travels at the back in the wardrobe - when one cylinder's empty the handbag goes at the front in a bed box.

With all due respect to caravan manufacturers that view these forums, any greater weight transfer is to compensate for design faults, not loading imbalance.

Continental caravans have longer A-frames than UK caravans which makes them more stable and permits the fitting of A-frame bike racks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts