Question fot Lutz

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Isn't it good having a continental based forum member!!

Lutz

Going to Prague early August, three of us on motorbikes, I plan on taking 2 days from Calais so we can use all the small roads and take plenty of time sightseeing. First stop will be Koblenz and I would like a nice hotel (not a cheapo one)on the banks of the Rhine. Also if I choose not to book anything and just turn up is it likely that I could get a hotel on spec at that time of year.

What would you suggest?

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Like everywhere else, August is peak holiday season but my experience is that top hotels invariably still have vacancies even during that period. It's the more economical ones that are generally booked out first. Also, there are many exclusive hotels in the area so, if you're not set on staying actually in Koblenz but you are prepared, if need be, to stay somewhere else along the river, you should have no difficulty whatsoever.

The best hotel in the city but at the same time on the banks of the Rhine with a view of the Deutsches Eck where the Moselle joins the Rhine, is Diehl's. You can gauge for yourself whether that's the sort of place that suits you by having a look at their website:

http://www.diehls-hotel.com/html/hotel_e.html
Hope that helps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts