Quiet at Longleat CAMC

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thank you I enjoyed reading your blog on Wiltshire as until recently we lived in Bradford on Avon about 100 m from the Kennet and Avon towpath. The link you provided doesn’t seem to cover the ex CCC site at Sells Green it’s Teversal, and for the life of me where is the Cavendish Inn. I know the Three Magpies, Barge and ex Bell inn. But not a Cavendish Inn which if it’s good we would plan to visit.
I think Jaydug, means The Carnarvon,

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
It is Teversal that is now no longer a CCC site. Devizes CCC is still in the club site listings. Sorted.
You are correct, but I cannot find a Pub called The Cavendish near either sites. The Seend CCC is great and the Barge is truley a good pub. I think The three Magpies has improved over the last few years.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
You are correct, but I cannot find a Pub called The Cavendish near either sites. The Seend CCC is great and the Barge is truley a good pub. I think The three Magpies has improved over the last few years.
All around that area there are nice pubs, we are truly blessed. 👍

Reactions: Hutch
Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
That’s not near to the Devizes CCC site it’s not far from Teversal where Jaydugs link leads. That’s what threw me then.
My apologies! I've got confused between theTeversal site and the Devizes site - I've stayed at both in the past few weeks. I'll blame the hot weather!! It's Teversal that has changed hands and it's The Cavendish at the end of the road. Devizes has the Three Magpies up the road.

• Haha
Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
I stayed at the site in June and, as you say, it's only a short distance up the road to the canal towpath or down the road to the Cavendish Inn. The site has now been delisted from the C&CC because the previous owner decided to sell the site. The new company owner hasn't joined the C&CClub and has renamed the site. It's now https://silverhillwoodlandretreats.co.uk/touring/

I'll rewrite the above reply as it should be:-
I stayed at the site in April and, as you say, it's only a short distance up the road to the canal towpath or down the road to the Three Magpies. The site hasn't been delisted - it's the site at Teversal which has. If you want to read about the Devizes site and see the proximity to the canal, I wrote about it in my blog here:- https://jondogoescaravanning.com/wiltshire-in-april-2022

Sorry to cause confusion.

• Haha
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I'll rewrite the above reply as it should be:-
I stayed at the site in April and, as you say, it's only a short distance up the road to the canal towpath or down the road to the Three Magpies. The site hasn't been delisted - it's the site at Teversal which has. If you want to read about the Devizes site and see the proximity to the canal, I wrote about it in my blog here:- https://jondogoescaravanning.com/wiltshire-in-april-2022

Sorry to cause confusion.
Thanks I had read your Wiltshire trip report and it was interesting to see places we are familiar with and with such nice photos.

Reactions: JezzerB
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We have been meaning to go back down to Seend, we found it lovely in the winter, nice walk down the canal, unfortunatley now Mrs H. Has to use a mobility Scooter for anything more than shopping. I suppose I could get her to push a Tescos trolley down to The Barge. 😃

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Here at Abbey Wood at the mo. It's rammed. Totally full. Great multicultural Atmos. I love it here. Last chance in a caravan for a while as divorce is sorted . 😩 But the Europeans. Suzuki Swift towing this? So interesting. But the peg system is simple and fine and the wardens delightful.
I am pleased you having a nice break enjoy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts