RAC Arrival

May 27, 2005
Visit site
RAC Arival will recover any length caravan

I had cause to use this service a short while ago when the caravan decided to go its own way on the M4 in Berkshire. No other vehicle was involved, the caravan parked its self just about on the hard shoulder. It was found to be a defective hitch, no damage was found on the caravan apart from the jockey wheel and hitch. The RAC kept ringing as did the police to check on myself and the wife until the recovery arrived, i can't fault the service i received. (Iv'e had more than my subscription back for this year)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Nice to know that as I've put my faith in Arrival via the C & CC getting me home etc.

So far haven't needed them

Glad to hear that no injuries were sustained.

Aug 2, 2005
Visit site
Del

As a matter of interest what was wrong with the hitch. I had friend who had similar problems in France this year in that he could not connect up. End result faulty hitch.

ColinB

May 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi ColinB

Not sure what problem was, the hitch would appear to lock to the towball ok on most attempts. I still have the old one when it is in the locked position you can sometimes press the locking section back to the release position without lifting the handle.

Hope this helps.

Del

Aug 2, 2005
Visit site
Del

For your info my freind also had an alco 3004 I think. Alco came out and changed and stated that it was a defective unit and they would send it back to Germany. It scored his tow ball and they changed that as well as the hitch. He had purchased it as a retro fit. All no charge. So if its faulty I would suggest you ask Alco before spending any more money.

Colin

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi yes i agree that rac arrival is a very good service they will aslo add european cover but don't make the same mistake as me thinking POURTUGAL was part of europe had a super holiday earler this year no breakdowns thank goodness as I was not covered whilst in portugal only the other countreis so i no have to find cover from elswere as we shall be going again in 2006 any suggestions welcome which will cover car and van cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts