Radio Code

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
it is normaly written in the front pages of hand book by the dealer on purchase of car.together with the key no. & the owners name

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
hi Kenny.
as it just happens I have just had to do the same thing on the Meriva and it was a nightmare but is possible. I may be able to help but you may have to answer a few questions if you are prepared to do so.
first was the car new when you bought it?
if so the code should be written down on a code card or in the radio booklet or service manual
if it was pre-owned do you have any paperwork for it? and how many owners has it had ?
this may be important because previous owners may have wrtten it down somewhere? either in the paperwork or on a sticky label attached to some where in the car. inside the glovebox, under the ashtray, somewhere under the dashboard or on the radio it's self,
check all these first.you are looking for a 4digit code.
if that fails try ringing a ford dealership with the reg no, because it possibly could just be on the computer records, but ask nicely
smiley-innocent.gif

if you have no luck with any of the above you then need to know. if the radio is a standard fittment or after market unit.
you need the radio make, model no, and serial no, this will involve removing the radio however,
when you have done this write all the no's down for reference,
next stage, there are several internet sites that offer radio codes based on the above no's some charge some are free,
as it happens I have a set of number decoders on the desktop that might have the ford codes so if you cannot find the codes anywhere else post the type and nos on this thread and I will see if I can help.

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
kennygee said:
Thanks Colin. I have seen the web sites giving codes but they need the number off the radio. My problem is, how do I get the radio out?
there will be two little holes either side of the fasia could be blocked by little grub srews "the meriva was" insert a pair of wire prongs either side move the prongs outwards and withdraw the radio, on some radios there is a slot instead of holes same procedure.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSbzR9lv2OM
the link is for a focus but should be similar on the mondeo
ps, when you have the numers post them on here I will see if I can generate a code using the decoders assiming all else fails.

Feb 18, 2009
Visit site
Colin. I have just ordered a set of removal keys from E-Bay. Total price £1 - 33p. You need the four keys to enable you to extract the radio.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Liosten, this may be a long shot, but when I needed the code for my VOLVO, I quoted the reg number on the forum, and someone on there posted the code by pm!
Is there a Mondeo owner's forum?

Mar 11, 2007
Visit site
Hi Kennygee.
Where are you? If you are near to me, I know a local small computer company who will recode a radio, used to pay them £10 a go.

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
kennygee said:
Colin. I have just ordered a set of removal keys from E-Bay. Total price £1 - 33p. You need the four keys to enable you to extract the radio.
OK mate when you get them post the radio make it's model number and serial number, I will see if I can get the code,
I assume that the other options I suggested were no good, pity as i needed the code when Iost it on my mondeo I had all the paperwork but no code in desparation I rang the ford dealer he said he could get it but wanted to sell me it for £15 I refused.on principal.
but after 3 weeks without the radio I accept and paid, the code however did not work and after a lenghty wrangle over a refund found out the radio was not the standard fitment but a upgrade, and was not on the data base, so back to square one,
then a mate at work gave me the same information that I gave to you, a set of pins and a disk with decode generators on it,
to find the code I had to remove the radio for the numbers printed on it, and low and behold when the radio was removed written on the top with a marker was the code 5078, I tried this and it worked, I immediatly made a note of it in the hand book also all the numbers off the radio before I put it back in, when I had the time I put the numbers into the code generator it came up with 2 one of which was 5078 so it works.
I tried it again just recently when I lost the code on the Meriva did all the usual first took out the radio for the numbers but as the radio was a GM part it would not offer a code for it, the only way to get the code was from Vauxhall who charge for the service so I emailed them, to complain that the codes had not been supplied by their dealer on purchase of the car, and recieved the codes inc key and imobiliser code FOC by return they said they would bill the franchise for the service. well done Vauxhall
smiley-cool.gif

your codes I am sure will be easier to get than that, Emmerson has a point about the forums may be worth a try while you wait for the pins to arrive from Ebay depends on wether your radio is standard or not mine wasn't.
as for Brum's suggestion as a last resort only, as once the code is changed it then becomes unique to that radio and no-one could retrieve it exept the place that recoded it. and that cost money.

Feb 18, 2009
Visit site
I have received the removal pins but I still can't get the radio out. There is a curved end to the pins. Do you know which way they go in. I have tried both ways but still I can't get the radio out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts