Rallies - Good or Bad ??

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Jo-Anne

We live in the West Midlands (Blackcountry) and our local C&CC district association is WMDA and Birmingham DA rally close to our area as well.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
parksy

ive just joined the jaguar rally club but theres lots of others aswell have a look. anybody can join.

www.freewebs.com/jaguarccc

then go onto the links theres loads of clubs. if you join and get the book all the clubs are in there and you can go to any of the rally in the book with which ever club you want from the book. its about

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Jo-Anne

There are more rally clubs around than I thought!

Thanks for the link which I've saved, the Jaguar club looks as though they go to some scenic parts of central England.

I saw in their rules that dogs are kept on leads so if we try our local da and it doesn't suit us we might give the Jaguar CC a try.

Many thanks

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
parksy there loads attatched to the jag one theres swindon, land rover, british leyland, cov morris, senior citizens, fisher and ludlow, long bridge, mg, morris motors, rover cardiff, rover cowley, self change gears, standard triumph, wolseley.

you just join one which is a max of a tenner and then you can go on any of the rallys which ever club is going where ever. there links are on the jag site. you get a book with all rally in and a disc for your car and a membership number.

jo

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
If you are a Caravan Club member you can go on any of there centre rallies as a visitor ,ie Midland have their own centre and you dont have to pay any membership fees so you can try before you buy so to speak.

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
I have just lost a long detailed reply due to some web error on the forum, and I can't be bothered repeating it. However I will say I was very skeptical when my wife suggested joining the Caravan Club and starting going to rallies for many of the reasons stated by Ian-Swift. We had at the time a 15 year old van and were never treated as second class. We were welcomed warmly (Ulster Centre) by most, and while a handful of older members were somewhat clicky and stand offish with new members at first, they soon came round. We now prefer rallies to going to commercial sites. Yes rallies are often in places such as Rugby clubs, but these are often in very interesting locations, away from the usual commercial sites which tend to cluster around the usual tourist areas. Also as you get to know other people with similar interests you can make good friends and for our 6 year old who is quite shy, he has gotten to know other regulars kids and enjoys the rallies far more than weekends at commercial sites where he knows none of the kids.

Give it a try. If you are a member of the club you can attend rallies without joining any centre etc.

Aug 21, 2006
Visit site
We had the same decision to make a couple of years back on wether to join a club or not, we had heard various stories good & bad about the people who are in them, one way to find out we thought and joined, so we went along to the nearest rally for a weekend and it was great, since then we are out at least once a fortnight with the club and/or its associated club rallies, but I think with any rally clubs theres good and bad, but in our club there are as many pre 90's caravans as there are post 08 ones, mines a 96! its about the people and having fun not what they can afford or look good!

As for dogs they are to be kept on leads at all times and under control otherwise you will be asked to leave - can't say fairer than that, my dog is as soft as a pudding and loves to play with anyone with a ball and is friendly with everyone but even she is permantly on a lead while outside as I appreciate not everyone likes dogs! our club rules state the lead must be no longer than ten foot either.

Steve

Coventry Morris CCC (part of British Leyland CCC)

Jul 1, 2007
Visit site
hi, myself and my husband and 2 small children went on our first rally over a year ago. we also took our time to decide to go. but have not looked back. we belong to the east kent ccc and thourghly enjoy our time with them. the kids get plenty of entertainment, which in turn gives me a break. i highly recomend giving them ago.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
We reguarly rally and have experienced no snobbery, especially with our owners club who welcome everyone (with the right van make) regardless of the age of the van. Even an 18 year old van isn't frowned upon, it's the people that count not the age of the van, try other groups until you find the right people. We belong to 5 different clubs and have not experienced problems with any of them!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts