Ramslade Caravan Club Site

Jun 26, 2005
Visit site
Hi all, does anyone have any comments on Ramslade CC site and surrounding area and attractions ,we are thinking of going for a couple of weeks in July

Baza

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Baza,

We went to Ramslade (or Rainslade as we called it!), at Spring Bank last year.

We have been to many CC sites and can honestly say that I have never been so disappointed. We booked a full-service pitch and found that when we arrived that some are at the back of the site on a slope that leaves your front-end three feet in the air to get it level - we got on one of the newer ones, but our friends had to suffer from wobbles and altitude sickness - after reversing a twin-axle up hill on grass onto a pitch that was not large enough for it. The normal pitches have a tendency to water-log as well.

The road in is a little tight after leaving the main road, but access to the site itself is good; however exit from the site is absolutely appalling - all the way round the site, uphill to a barriered gate that you have to wait for then a blind exit onto the lane! I don't know who planned this when it was redeveloped!

Local area though is really nice, loads to do - beaches, walking, cycling, sea etc - but as you can't reserve a pitch it's just not worth the stress, go to one of the other local CC sites.

Neal

Feb 22, 2007
Visit site
Hello all,

We've been to Ramslade on six occasions. I have never had a problem with pitches but there are some on quite steep areas. The site was re-developed a couple of years ago and the toilet/shower facilities are second to none. I have never had a problem exiting the site - the lane is a little windy but there are quite a few passing places. Having been to Hillhead CC site in Brixham, I definately prefer Ramslade. The only problem with this area is traffic!!

Regards

Steve

Feb 22, 2007
Visit site
Just an addition.

Dornafield in Newton Abbott is a cracking site-have a look at it. The only problem is the approach to the site-it makes the lane to Ramslade seem like a dual carriageway in comparison.

It's a bit more central for Dawlish, Teighnmouth, Torquay and Paignton and you can miss alot of traffic through Kingsweir by going to the Torquay area via Totnes.

Steve

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
i booked ramslade went to road up towards the entrance is very narrow and quite harrowing.

the side roads are narrow, the pitches arnt very big. we told them when booking ours was a twin axel when we got there the was no pitches big enough they had all gone. we tried to get on one pitch but because the overhang of our twin axel and the high grass verge we put the overhange into the grass verge and it scratched it wyoming.

we go our money back left and went somewhere else.

i wouldnt go back there again.

we went to hillhead last summer for 21 nights it was great we did have to get the warden to tractor us on and off but its a lovely site and beautiful area.

jo

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Any more comments on this site.

We have booked but bit concerned re the comments,particularly access although we do not have a big outfit.

I thought if it had been refurbished it would be A1

Thanks

Feb 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

I have never had problems with access to the site in the six or seven times I have stayed there. Yes the lanes are a little windy, but there are plenty of passing places where it does get narrow and again I have never seen any problem. There is absolutely no problem with entering or exiting the site-have a look on google earth.

If you want any more info let me know.

Regard

Steve

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi Baza,

We went to Ramslade (or Rainslade as we called it!), at Spring Bank last year.

We have been to many CC sites and can honestly say that I have never been so disappointed. We booked a full-service pitch and found that when we arrived that some are at the back of the site on a slope that leaves your front-end three feet in the air to get it level - we got on one of the newer ones, but our friends had to suffer from wobbles and altitude sickness - after reversing a twin-axle up hill on grass onto a pitch that was not large enough for it. The normal pitches have a tendency to water-log as well.

The road in is a little tight after leaving the main road, but access to the site itself is good; however exit from the site is absolutely appalling - all the way round the site, uphill to a barriered gate that you have to wait for then a blind exit onto the lane! I don't know who planned this when it was redeveloped!

Local area though is really nice, loads to do - beaches, walking, cycling, sea etc - but as you can't reserve a pitch it's just not worth the stress, go to one of the other local CC sites.

Neal
Hi there bazza ive been going to a site just before ramslade called whitehill for 10yrs the park is just special and the facilties are out of this world we stay in the great orchard as there are three fields and the outdoor pool is heated to 80d all the time

Regards

Howie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts