Rapido 665F Roof Pond

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
My wife and I recently purchased our first mototrhome, a Rapido 665f, and are generally thrilled with it except that a pond forms on the roof whenever it rains and doesnt drain away. At the rear of the van there is a channel running acroos the roof which is preventing the water from running away so a large pool forms in the rear nearside corner, just where the aerial is fitted. The water only runs away when I move the van and then it pours down the front down the cab door which can be a bit of a problem if you open it. Has anyone else had the problem and how was it resolved?

gjh

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
We get a pond on the roof of our Burstner and, from what I've read on forums, it happens on other vans as well. The only solution I've seen suggested is to park the van so that it is slightly sloping (using ramps if necessary) so that the rain runs off rather than staying on the roof.
Graham

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Graham, thats what we were told when we collected van. I've tried ramps but pool still there and I'm worried about seepage through gland seal on aerial. This is obviously another stupid design fault which could easily be resolved by trimming the trunking to leave a gap. Will have to speak to suppliers.

gjh

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
If it is just the gland seal you are concerned about maybe an overseal bead of Carafax Caraseal or Puraflex 40 around it might protect it.
Graham

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts