Re-upholstery

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,
I'm considering re-uphostering our motor-home. The basic seats are in A1 condition, they just look bit 'tired'. It has a total of seven rectangular cushions.
As a bonus, I'd like to get the driver and passenger seats recovered to match also.
I've made a few phone calls, and I've been staggered at the difference in quotes. I think that some companies equate motor-homes = luxury items = owner having lots of 'disposable income'.
My questions are;
Would a normal (household) upholsterer be able to do this sort of job ?
Would it be difficult as a DIY project (my wife doing the DIY) ?
Has anybody got a company they'd recommend to do this job for me ?
Regards to all !

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I should think it possible to do it yourself, with a good sewing machine. Not sure about the driver seats though. Depends how good your wife is as a seamstress. We once did a complete large corner three piece suite, cut out the pattern in brown paper first., and had the buttons made, as there where very many!.
I would personally get it done professionally., as they have industrial machines, and can do a whole van in a day, with you staying over in some cases

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Thank you Chirene. I'm beginning to think that a professional job would be the best answer. The only thing that's putting me off is the vast difference in prices. Coupled together with the fact that I'm doing my best to keep to a budget.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts