Ready for the Off.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Well we are already except for loading food in the fridge and clothing during the day tomorrow. Everything tested on Car and Caravan and washed down and clean. Leave home tomorrow night at 10.30 for the Tunnel. Belgium,Germany,Austria,Switzerland and Holland here we come for 3 months, our 7th yearly trip.

Mar 21, 2007
sites.google.com
We have another week to go before our 11 week trip to France and Spain and we are also getting there with the preparations to the point where there is not a lot more we can do yet. Its amazing though however much time there is to get ready the last day is always a pain and there is always something left behind. Have a good trip.

David

G

I wish you all well on your various trips.

We are heading off later this month, just after 'selling off' daughter to a punter I met in a pub. OK, it is a bloke she has been living with for 2 years, but what the Heck? Paying for it will be worth it in the long run, I think. Actually we are off tomorrow as well but this is a 2 day 'shake down' trip to see what is in the van, and what is not. It is the only way, as making lists usually means I forget something, don't you dear?

Ours is a similar trip, 3 days to Portsmouth and then to Santander and over the Spanish bit to the Med. Hang around the south east of Spain for a month and then wander back north slowly eventually back to Perpignan and the Dordogne at the end of July. Then fly home from Bergerac for 3 weeks to check mail and get more pills for both of us, and then back for September/October. We reckon someone has to keep the tourist industry afloat, and we volunteered. Seriously, we figured that if we did not do it all soon, we would never do it, so as we usually go for 80 days this time it will be a bit longer and a doubler. We also met so many 'geriatrics' last year who had been there for far longer than us, that we thought 'Why not?' It is not as if the thought of an election here in the UK holds any thrills.

If we come back in late July and it has been a hot BBQ summer as promised then we will be jealous, but happy for everyone, if it is the usual wet wet summer, then we will count the days to fly out again. All I can say is that if you have never done it, have a go. It is a lot of fun.

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm so envious! We are booked to go on the 15th of May for 7 weeks (only!) and it seems like an eternity away. But in the intervening period we are going to take delivery of our new caravan with a fixed bed (hurray). This will be our 4th fairly long term trip abroad and this year we will be trying the eastern route to Provence and Cote D'azur. Hope to see some of you over there this summer,

G

WWe went May last year and all we got from the 'elderly brown bodies' we met was 'Where have you been?' Some of the Dutch are off in March and gradually warm up with the sun.

So, as they say 'if you cannot beat 'em etc'

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
We are off next Tuesday to work in Brittany for 5 months,and then we will be off for 6 weeks Oct/Nov through France to Italy. When we come back from Brittany everything from the car (we will be using a company mobile home in Brittany) will go into the caravan - job done! Can't wait, but must earn some pennies first!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts