Rear Deterioration

Sep 11, 2022
Visit site
Hi guys.
The current owner of my 'to be' caravan had a full service today before collection etc. Service engineer has said the back 2 corners underneath shows deterioration, he said you can spray stuff on it? Anyone heard of this at all? Is it easy to do? If so what do u use to do it with?
Many thanks

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi guys.
The current owner of my 'to be' caravan had a full service today before collection etc. Service engineer has said the back 2 corners underneath shows deterioration, he said you can spray stuff on it? Anyone heard of this at all? Is it easy to do? If so what do u use to do it with?
Many thanks
What is the model and year of the caravan? The description of the deterioration is pretty vague is it damp, rot, corrosion or paintwork? What is the “ stuff” mentioned by the caravan engineer?
If it was serviced was a full damp survey conducted as this is pretty essential to a pre owned caravan.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Sep 11, 2022
Visit site
What is the model and year of the caravan? The description of the deterioration is pretty vague is it damp, rot, corrosion or paintwork? What is the “ stuff” mentioned by the caravan engineer?
If it was serviced was a full damp survey conducted as this is pretty essential to a pre owned caravan.

It's a swift Charisma 570 2007. Yes full service with damp report aswell, full. Habitation check etc
He said it was signs of deterioration on the rear corners. No damp or rot found on them, deterioration quite common on vans of such age. But to stop the deterioration or slow it you can spray something on there. I didnt personally do the service myself, the current owner did but she didn't ask what you can spray on. Wondered if you guys might know 😊😊

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It's a swift Charisma 570 2007. Yes full service with damp report aswell, full. Habitation check etc
He said it was signs of deterioration on the rear corners. No damp or rot found on them, deterioration quite common on vans of such age. But to stop the deterioration or slow it you can spray something on there. I didnt personally do the service myself, the current owner did but she didn't ask what you can spray on. Wondered if you guys might know 😊😊
If it’s around the steadies fixings and surface corrosion waxoil would do the job. If it’s the covering of the underside of the floor deteriorating a bitumen spray would be okay.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
It could be a reference to crazing or cracks on rear panel. I think we need more specific information or pictures?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you have the paper work, it should tell you who did the inspection, and I'd suggest you phone or write to them to find out from the horse's mouth rather than trying to second guess what was meant.

If you haven't got the paperwork, why not ask the seller who did it, so you can contact them, and at the same time ask the seller for the service records, as it might help you if you decide to sell the caravan any time in the future.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Deterioration can cover a multitude of sins. I agree with the prof that you need to speak to the engineer to clarify and see exactly what he suggests.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts