Rear Light cluster screw fittings

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I have taken the light cluster off to clean the bulb fittings because some times they worked and sometime they didn't. Now they work all the time 'so far'.

When I unscrewed them two of the rubber nuts/bungs where already pushed inside and ofcourse they dropped inside!

Q/ Is there a better way fixing i.e. like cars, a metal clip and self tapping screws? if not any ideas of where to get them?

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
i had this problem so i got some self tapping raw plugs the ones you use in plaster board .They have a big thread on out side that screw in as you screw the screws in ,a dob of super glue can help to hold the plugs and they still working today.

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't this thread point out once more that the manufacturers could not really care less about minor items like light cluster fittings.I had the same thing happen to my van and got round it in the same way as is suggested.I would have thought that a decent fitting was essential, after all, bulbs do sometimes need replacing.

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
Same happened to us on our Monarch 2 weeks ago. I temporarily got over it by tightly rolling some old inner tube I keep in the tool box and pushed into hole, screw then goes into centre of end of roll. Might silicone this into place if a better method isn't available.

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi Kelvin same thing happened to me pushed the rubber bungs into the caravan body, I had to tape the rear lense on to take it for its service, I think all caravan spares dealers now stock them as its been a popular fault with modern caravans. But beware they come in diffrent lengths.

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Just a progress report

Mr Forest Gump yet again let me say: 'Good One'

I had a spare rear number plate (kids bought me new ones with a football badge on them, (I will not say who but we will stay in the prem this time) I have fixed it to the van using 'Metal Self-drive Plug' from B&Q

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts