Recommend me a fixed single beds van

Jun 10, 2007
Visit site
Evening caravaning chums

I wonder if you can help, we have recently sold our Avondale Riato and are now looking for another van.
Our kids are now older and don't want to come with us much these days so we are looking for a different layout.

Basically we would like fixed single beds or maybe a rear dinette that converts to two singles.

Our budget is about £5000.

Any recommendations?

Many thanks

Rog.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
The modern layout of fixed singles, one either side midships, leading to a rear bathroom has only been around a couple of years, so I don't think the used price has got down to £5000 yet.

We have a 2 berth Lunar with long daybeds at the front and leave those as singles for night-time.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Roger Chatfield said:
Evening caravaning chums

I wonder if you can help, we have recently sold our Avondale Riato and are now looking for another van.
Our kids are now older and don't want to come with us much these days so we are looking for a different layout.

Basically we would like fixed single beds or maybe a rear dinette that converts to two singles.

Our budget is about £5000.

Any recommendations?

Many thanks

Rog.

Hi Roger

Have a look at a Lunar 470/2 clubman . See pre loved.
May be what you need.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I agree with Woodlands Camper, I cannot think of any caravan with that layout that is old enough to be in your price range but if you find one let us know.
I would try a few dealers sites to see what is there but would not hold out a lot of hope. If you find one at that level in classified adds or e bay be very careful as scammers do show caravans at far too cheap prices as a come on.

Jun 10, 2007
Visit site
Well after a weekend of frantic caravan viewing we have finally got one.
Ended up going for a end bedroom layout in which we can leave the beds made up full time.
Got ourselves a nice 2004 Ace Supreme Sunstar, it's a 5 birth with a rear dinette that makes a single bed, opposite that is a single bench seat that will make another single bed with a bunk over, then two benches up front that turn into a double or two singles, loads of different options so ideal for us.
It was £500 over our budget but did come with a awning and is dry as a bone, only problem is we now need a mover...

Anyway we did look at a few others so there are a few option available for those wanting a 'fixed' single option.
2004 Fleetwood heritage 640 ES, nice van with two rear seat that make two singles but it was damp so we walked away. (On for £6000)
2007 Abbey GTS 419, fixed singles in the back, stunning van in lovely condition but just felt a little small for us, the front benches are not full length so the only option up front is a double.. Also it was a little more than we wanted to pay but was worth a look just to rule it out. (£7000)

Just can't wait for the summer now...

Rog.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Well done Roger.
This should see you through for a while.
Not quite sure of your layout. Are the beds transverse? ie across the rear width.
That should be plenty big enough.
Over the years it has taken us a long time and a lot of money to find what we like. Eight years on we still have our faithful Wyoming.

Jun 10, 2007
Visit site
Beds are longitudinal.
Tbh I don't they will be too short, our bed at home is 6ft so I don't think we will miss 2"... Also I spent 24 years in the Royal Navy so am quite used to sleeping in a short bunk...lol... I'll just make sure there is enough cider onboard to insure a good nights kip...lol

Rog.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts