Recommendation

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello
We are taking our caravan over to France/Spain for several weeks this summer and looking to change our car.
Our van is a Bailey Senator California (1495 laden mass). We have been looking at 4 x 4's such as the Kia Sorento 2.2 and read both good and bad reviews so confused. We have also been looking at the Hyundai Santa Fey which again 2.2. and apparently similar but a bit more comfortable.
If possible we would like 7 seats as our son and family coming over for 2 weeks and would save hiring something if we could all fit in.

Any advice would be welcome.

KInd Regards

Annie

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Hi Annie
We have a Senator California 2009 same weight which we tow with a Seat Alhambra 2012, 7 seats 2litre 140bhp diesel DSG auto version and it's brilliant!
We occasionally use all 7 seats but when towing there's only the two of us. There is a 170bhp version but might suit your needs better. I've been towing for over 40 years and quite simply it's the best tow car I've ever had. Solo the car returns 40 mpg (44 on long runs) and 28 towing - I always use premium diesel fuel. it pays for itself in terms of improved mpg.
Happy to answer any further queries you may have.
Mike

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mike_S said:
........ I always use premium diesel fuel. it pays for itself in terms of improved mpg.
Happy to answer any further queries you may have.
Mike

Hello Mike
Have you actually carried out a proper test of MPG on super and regular? What were you results? It might be worth tryring it again, as engines change with wear.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts