Recommendations for a quiet site in the Northern Lakes for February Half Term

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi Folks

We're trying to choose a site for a few days break in the caravan during the February Half Term. (It's just the 2 of us adults now as we had to have Max the collie put down earlier this week.) We like peaceful sites and just need EHU.

We have found the following sites and I would be grateful for comments from anyone who knows them. I have already read all the reviews I could find on the web but would be grateful for any comments from folks who know them.

The possiblities are:

(1) High Bridge Far, Nr Thirlmere
(2) Shouthwaite Farm CL, Naddle
(3) Stybeck Farm, Nr Thirlmere
(4) Scotgate Caravan Park, Bassenthwaite
(5) Kiln Hill Barn, Nr Bassenthwaite Lake

Thanks in anticipation
Tim

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Have a look at Irton House Farm at the top of Bassehtwaite Lake. It's a very peaceful CL 5 van site and has uniterupted views down of the fells down the lake to Keswick. It has EHU, 2 heated toilet/shower blocks and even has a snooker and table tennis tables in a barn at the side if you fancied the odd game! We've stayed their several times and we think it's a gem of a place.

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Enjoyed our stays at Irton House Farm,the amenities are nice.The view from the van at Kiln Hill are better but only has EHU.Scotgate gets very busy but is closer to Keswick.Another plus for Kiln Hill is that there is a pub two hundred yards away.You need to book KHF asap as it is very popular.Sorry to hear about your dog.

Mike

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
Not stayed on Shoulthwaite farm cl Naddle but have been to look at it. Basic site looked ok but we never really fancied it ourselves. My cousin stayed and found it ok though. Like i said basic.

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Big S said:
We haven't been to any of the sites you have indicated but http://www.crosslandsfarm.co.uk/caravans.php is a lovely site we have stayed on before and we going next weekend as well.

I have just received a call from the owner of Crosslands Farm site and he informed me that there is still a lot of snow on the approach road to their site and it is not recommended to travel unless I have a 4 x 4 car. Unfortunately I don't so may have to start searching for a new site later.

TRENDING THREADS