Recommended route Pitlochry - Lossiemouth

Apr 18, 2006
Visit site
Looking at using A9, A95 then the route planners take you on "B" roads but not sure about these. Other alternative would be A9 to Inverness then across on A96 to Elgin. Would welcome suggestions for this route as have never towed this far north.

Thanks
FrankE

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I would use the A9 and A96 as the quickest and easiest and most fuel efficient route. I would not use the B roads around there as these are slow, narrow and full of bends although not sure which you mean. If you want to take your time and enjoy the scenery you could take the A95 just North of Aviemore and then the A939 to Forres. That route is quite easily passable, but far slower with lots of bends and despite being shorter will, all other things being equal, take longer.

Apr 18, 2006
Visit site
Thanks Ray - if I joined the A95 north of Aviemore and stay on this to Keith and then take A96 to Elgin would I be OK towing (have you done this route before?)

FrankE

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The road is reasonably wide but does have a fair amount of bends and hills but is scenic and should not be a problem for you. It is a lot slower than the A9 to Inverness though which is certainly easier.
I have done a lot of work there in my time and I have driven it many times without problem, but it will add at least half an hour to the journey time..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts