Redcliffe Farm , Wareham Dorset

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm reading mixed reviews about this site but I would sooner have it from a member of the forum if you have stopped there recently,

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
camel said:
I'm reading mixed reviews about this site but I would sooner have it from a member of the forum if you have stopped there recently,

Even if the site that you mentioned had 'issues' Forum Etiquette rule 4 would prohibit complaints being aired on this particular forum Camel.
For that reason, whenever I want objective reviews I visit UK Campsite
There's almost always one reviewer who would never be happy no matter what, so read a few reviews to gain an overall impression

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Parky,
I've done all that including the web site you mention, also trip adviser for what it is worth, but I've seen similar posts on here when members have asked a similar question about a particular site and could they give an opinion on that site, I do sincerely apolgise if I have broken rule 4,

Regards,
Camel,

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
camel said:
Parky,
I've done all that including the web site you mention, also trip adviser for what it is worth, but I've seen similar posts on here when members have asked a similar question about a particular site and could they give an opinion on that site, I do sincerely apolgise if I have broken rule 4,

Regards,
Camel,
You haven't broken any rules, but any forum members who post complaints about sites to the message boards would do

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
camel said:
Parky,

Regards,
Camel,
You haven't broken any rules, but any forum members who post complaints about sites to the message boards would do.
That's why I suggested alternatives, the reviews would be more accurate.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Parky,
thanks for your considerate response to my post, after extensive research I think our break will be spent at Hunters Moon, Redcliffe Farm seems to be a launching site for caravanners with boats and also tenters,, in my case being a TT and a Methodist I think I will stick with the C&CM club,

Regards
Camel,

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
PX,
Thanks for the offer but we booked in to Hunters Moon but I will be having a drive down there to give that particular site a view,

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
camel said:
Parky,
thanks for your considerate response to my post, after extensive research I think our break will be spent at Hunters Moon, Redcliffe Farm seems to be a launching site for caravanners with boats and also tenters,, in my case being a TT and a Methodist I think I will stick with the C&CM club,

Regards
Camel,

I was brought up in a strict Methodist family (lapsed as I rebelled as a teen) but can’t see how launching boats and tenting conflict with Methodism and being teetotal.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
After seeing Camels posting for this site and it looks great for us , near the river and a short walk into Wareham. Tents, boats Caravans and I suppose Motorhomes. :p

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I personally don't have a problem with the site or trying to be a little tongue in cheek with my original post, let me know when you have both been there I'm sure you will enjoy it, :p :p

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
otherclive said:
camel said:
Parky,

Regards
Camel,

I was brought up in a strict Methodist family (lapsed as I rebelled as a teen) but can’t see how launching boats and tenting conflict with Methodism and being teetotal.
I too attended a Wesleyan Methodist chapel as a boy, if you attended regularly you could go to the youth club and to the annual camp where we slept in tents and launched boats. :lol:

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
From Redcliffe you can also walk east to Arne heath (with nature trails) and the adjacent RSPB reserve. On the route you also pass the remains of Pikes Tramway which was used to transport clay down to a quay on Poole Harbour

It's over 20 years since I camped at Redcliffe, and although the field is unchanged, it now looks far more 'regimented' in straight lines than I remember. (There is also Ridge Farm campsite just up the road).

For anyone taking canoes/dinghies/etc, there is a convenient landing at Wareham just under the road bridge on the left (southern side) by a small pleasure garden. Landing at the town quay itself used to be easy (even for yachts), but most of the space is now taken over by pleasure-trip boats.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts