Register your personal property - crime prevention

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Just had some information through from the Police and thought I'd share it.

'In an effort to reduce the number of people affected by burglary, we are giving advice and guidance on ways you can deter thieves by making your property more secure.

This is not in place of traditional crime prevention advice you many have previously received. The best advice to keep your property safe, whether in your home or your car, is to always keep doors and windows locked, place valuable items out of sight and switch on your alarm whenever you go out.

Nottinghamshire's Assistant Chief Constable recommends Immobilise which is a property registrations shceme that is free to use and can be accessed by simply logging on to www.immobilise.com.

Immobilise allows you to register anything with a unique serial number, i.e. television, satellite navigation system, mobile phones, mp3 players, bicycles.

Displaying the Immobilise sticker in your window acts as a deterrent to would be thieves. But if you are still unlucky enough to have your property stolen, registering with Immobilise can help you improve your chances of it being returned to you'.

You can also call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 anonymously if you know someone who is committing burglary or selling stolen goods. You could also be in line for a cash reward.

Lisa

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Local news repoted the trial of something called smart water being trialed inthe north Lincs area. Dont know a lot about it except that each bottle has a unique identity and it is applied to your property, apparently it has led to the conviction of several local low life.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Marc, see here for details: http://www.smartwater.com/products/propertyMarking.html. I know that it is being promoted in the Greater Manchester police area as well as I do some voluntary work for the South Trafford Crime Prevention Panel.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts