Reich easytouch 2.5

Mar 23, 2024
Visit site
Hello everyone. I'm hoping some of you can shed some light on this tricky little matter. I have the above motormover and here are the problems.

1) It seems FAR happier going backwards than forwards.
Example: On a perfectly flat road, (other than the usual camber) the motormover stopped working eight times while trying to move the caravan forwards. When moving it backwards to its original starting position it did so with no problems whatsoever. It also moved noticeably faster in reverse.

2) There is a sound coming from the o/s motor that is reminiscent of the roller skimming the tyre, yet on inspection, the roller is firmly attached and not moving at all. (Could this be a gearing issue? Are there known gearing issues for Reich movers?)

3) My driveay is on an incline of 11 degress - well within the scope of the mover - trying to get the caravan up this slope is like root canal with no aneasthesia. I have to constantly turn the handset off and on again, even when standing in close poximity to the antenna/control unit in the caravan.

Clearly this is not a happy mover - any suggestions gratefully received.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Most movers will cut out if the battery voltage drops below a certain threshold.

How old, what type and size of battery, and is it fully charged?

If the caravan is on a slope, then it will draw more power (and cause a faster voltage drop on the battery) if you are trying to climb a hill rather than going down hill.

Apart from that. consult the installation instructions to check that the units is set up correctly, and also check the tyre pressures.

If the above does not resolve the problem you may need to consult with the company that fitted the mover or the manufacturer.

Mar 23, 2024
Visit site
Many thanks. THe battery is brand new - notwithstanding, I know even new batteries can develop faults. What I dont understand is why it doesn't want to move in a forward direction, but seems quite content to go in reverse! When the weather is more clement here I plan to lift the caravan and look underneath. The mover was fitted my Chichester Caravans, but I am not at all sure the rollers are the correct distance from the tyres. There are other unpleasant sounds underneath that I need to check on. Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to respond.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Assuming the dealer is near you, I would take it back. Depends on how long it is since it was fitted as to your rights but if they fitted it wrongly they should repair it for free.

Reactions: ProfJohnL

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts