Reich motor mover - engaging rollers?

Jul 6, 2005
Visit site
I have a new twin axle van fitted with the Reich twin mover. Engaging the drive rollers is laborious by hand especially as the operation is duplicated and considerable effort is needed to reach the 'green' engaged position.

Obviously a cordless drill/driver will make life easier - my existing one isn't powerful enough. Before buying a new one I am wondering what other members with a Reich mover use. Your experience and advice will help to ensure I don't purchase an unsuitable drill.

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site
michael,

the following is quoted directly from my reich handbook

the screw machine should only be used on low revs and meet the following requirements

speed 400-1400u/min

12 volt

torque 8 nm min

I hope this will help (double dutch to me)

good luck

Jun 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

it may be that when you look at power drills they might not have the info required. You could contact Lela/Richard at R&L Draper. They are are a Reich installation company. Ask them the type of drill used by themselves and their fitters.The e-mail is 'info@caravanmotormovers.co.uk'

Jun 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi again,

there is now a modification kit that allows Reich movers to be engaged electrically. R&L Draper will tell you the cost, and if yours is suitable for modification.

Jul 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi again,

there is now a modification kit that allows Reich movers to be engaged electrically. R&L Draper will tell you the cost, and if yours is suitable for modification.
Thanks Clive. Didnt know about the electric modification so will speak with Draper, Thanks for this info

Apr 24, 2006
Visit site
Hello Michael,

We have come across your message by chance regarding engaging / dis-engaging Reich Rollers.

There are 2 suggestions:

1)A Drill approximately 18volts - this will cope with the Rollers, and Steadies.

2)Brand new Automatic Engagement Unit that engages / dis-engages Rollers at the touch of a button.

For more information on this, please either telephone us on: 01732 - 743421, or e-mail us at: caravanmotormovers.co.uk

We hope that this information is helpful for you.

We do not regularly visit this site, so if you wish to reply, please do so by using our contact details as above.

Kind Regards,

Lela and Richard Draper.

(R & L Draper, Professional Fitters of Reich Caravan Movers).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts