Remapping

Mar 11, 2007
Visit site
Hi everyone.
I am toying with the idea of having my ECU remapped in the hope of improving both economy and power.
I have a 5 tonne tag axle Motorhome built on the Ducato with a 3.0 litre 160BHP unit.

Has anyone had a remap?
Please share your experience along with any advice.

Thanks in anticipation.

Brum

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello, we have done a few of these with a lot of success. We can supply details of one Customer who races Classic bikes around Europe and whose experience really demonstrates how good it can be. He had a Fiat tag axle, Hobby I think, that he wanted to drive non stop to Luxembourg (cheapest fuel in Europe) fill-up then continue his journey. He was always about 60 miles short of the Border. We did a remap and he reported back that the same journey at the same speed gets him into Luxembourg with about 80miles still available in the tank.
He said that the van cruised much better and went up Hills much easier than before with better overtaking. The one downside, if it is that, was that he found himself Cruising at higher speeds, because it was so much more relaxed, so unless he was careful it would wipe off some of the economy but he obviously arrived at his destination more quickly. At least he now has the choice.
Because he drives so many miles a year and usually to the same Race tracks he had a really good benchmark to make comparisons.

We would advise that if you do have it done that you have a service at the same time, as most remaps work by improving efficiency by upping the Turbo boost pressure.
It is therefore important that your engine starts off in Tip Top condition and VERY important that you then stick to the Oil change intervals.
He came back in to see us around late October to report he had won the 2014 European championship. I won't try and claim that was down to our Remap as well!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts