Removal of Posts

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dear Mr Mod

With what has come to light last night, would it be a good idea to remove posts by Kanga and Co..as these posts seem to all of been planted to cause a reaction? Just a thought and I do not now how easy this is to do, but it seems wrong to keep the posts open.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Understand the rationale - however - I spotted Billy, Oracle, Sloppy Performer by comparing style etc.

Until the Forum has some kind of "filter" to stop this crud it may be useful to keep it on hand.

Now I KNOW that certain posts are definitely a wind up - I will find it easier to ignore them - or at least treat them as a do a flatulent emission from one of the dogs.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
The only problem with that is that it will make everyone's replies and follow-ons seem nonsensical if all of the spoof posts are removed. Some of these go back several months and are scattered across several forum headings.

Various strategies are under discussion, and all suggestions welcomed.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I was thinking the whole thread, not just the replies by Kanga, but Clives make a good point if we do this. Can we assume that at a minimum now we now the various names used they have been banned? I think there are a lot of people on the forum monitoring the new names popping up and as people have said they do become very quick to spot.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
I have been thinking about this and despite not liking what I about to propose, I think it is best for the forum

People like Kanga do this for the attention and this is what we need to dispose of. My suggestion is to wife out all threads that contain any kind of post from him. Remove the whole thing.

I know this removes a lot of other stuff, but if its a useful debate it will appear again. Remove his bragging rights, after all, this type of person will be showing off his achievement to his friends etc.

Steve

Don't give the fool anything he can look at that gives him the attention he wants.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
measure twice, cut once Steve...
Or type with one hand - hold the telephone in the other - file bits of paper as and when a hand becomes free !!

Hang on! If I have two hands in front of me who the hell is scratching my ar...

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Or type with one hand - hold the telephone in the other - file bits of paper as and when a hand becomes free !!

Hang on! If I have two hands in front of me who the hell is scratching my ar...
lol

and no, i did not mean lol is doing it!!!

Boy am I getting into a lot of trouble today

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts