Removing Dometic Fridge

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Is this an easy option, looks like four screws inside, currently with protective caps on. Remove caps then screws and hopefully the fridge will slide out. The reason I have to do this is the sink is positioned above the fridge and we can't use the sink as when waste water is emptied the fridge gets covered in water. Reckon the waste pipe has split or has dislodged.
I am aware gas is involved, so does it have to be disconnected? If so I will use the Warranty still on the van. But with fuel prices and an 80 mile round trip if its simple I will do it myself. Neighbour is Gas Safe registered so there is another option.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Can you not access the underside of the sink from the outside by removing the fridge vent covers ?
Never thought of that, just had a quick look and yes looks like a possible solution. Thanks Yorkykev.
Will leave it until tomorrow, pint in hand ✋️ cheers.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you cannot gwt to the sink via the fridge vent, then removal of the fridge does require the gas to be disconnected.
Whilst your neighbour may be Gas Safe registered, unless he is also LPG certified he cannot work on your fridge.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
If you cannot gwt to the sink via the fridge vent, then removal of the fridge does require the gas to be disconnected.
Whilst your neighbour may be Gas Safe registered, unless he is also LPG certified he cannot work on your fridge.
Just had a look and took vent cover off, there is a cover over the top of the fridge which angles back to above the vent. Can't see a way of removing it, any ideas anyone?
The gas connection is right there though.
Thanks Damien, noted about LPG cert.

Last edited by a moderator:

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Unfortunately due to the very high quality of workmanship and quality fittings employed in the factories, the heatshield is stapled in place as far as I remember and is a complete PITA to remove and even more so refitting, which is why it is usually easier to slide the fridge out of its housing, but on refitting the seals must be replaced that seal the fridge from the interior of the van.

Reactions: Gagakev
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately due to the very high quality of workmanship and quality fittings employed in the factories, the heatshield is stapled in place as far as I remember and is a complete PITA to remove and even more so refitting, which is why it is usually easier to slide the fridge out of its housing, but on refitting the seals must be replaced that seal the fridge from the interior of the van.
Looks like a warranty job to me now, thanks Damien.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Rang the dealer before we left site this morning, they agreed I could deliver to them today, only a short detour and quicker than returning home and going back later.
Got them to do a couple of other things as well, why not! It is under warranty.
Also asked them to look at one of the 12v spotlights which has a mind of its own, comes on and goes off intermittently if the switch is left on.
Also new pins for the bed locker door hinges, they are only plastic and two have broken.
They Reckon it will be done by next Thursday 14th July
If so I will give them a bit of praise, we will see!!!

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Kev. On Elddis Caravan Owners group on Facebook there is a post with pictures with exactly the same fridge/sink issue. No consolation but you are not alone!
mel

Reactions: Gagakev
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
So van is ready for collection tomorrow, all done so I am told.
I did ring them to tell them others have had similar issues, which
they took on board so hopefully the one fix and all sorted.
So we booked a pitch for 3 nights and asked them to deliver it to the pitch so its ready for us when we arrive.

Also treated our selves to a smaller 330 Kampa pole porch awning, if it last the 13+ years like the 390 one we will be more than happy.

I do have a slight problem though..........................NO rain forecast, what does one do on hot sunny days????;);)

• Haha
Reactions: Hutch and Mel
Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Sorry Kevin.......no rain about because we are going away for 3 days as well!
A record for me as it will be my shortest tow ever....only 20 miles to attend a rally!
35deg+ is forecast.....will have to cool off in the sea which is close to the rally site.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts