Renault Laguna

Feb 14, 2006
Visit site
I have a 51 PLATE RENAULT lAGUNA 1.9DCI It is a good towcar for your family 4 berth tourer and i average a decent 36/40 mpg when towing my unit which is 1000kg unladen the only thing i have found with the renault is it seems loose with the steering as the car is mostly light @ the front but i have noticed a diffrence as i used to tow with a Ssangyong Musso 2.9tdi but hey the fuel i save now over a year pays for another weeks hols !!! go for the estate the room will be much more practical aswell if you do go for a renault !!!

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I tow a twenty foot twin axle van at 100% of the tow limit for my 1998 Laguna 2 Ltr estate, and find it a fine tow car. Despite the fact that we tow to the max, it still returns a very respectable 30mpg and tows like a train.

My brother-in-law had two new shape laguna's and he was always complaining about excessive gear changing even on the slightest hill. He did have the 2 ltr 16V though both hatch and estate, which might explain it.

Must admit to liking the pre 2000 laguna estate as it is a true estate rather than a sport type estate car. There's much more room in it. Also if I knacker it towing there's a plentifull supply of cheap replacements.

Steve.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
If you're towing at 100% limit, Steve, you had better have the car almost unladen. Otherwise you would be almost certain to exceed the max. permissible gross train weight.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Don't worry Lutz'y.

I've towed more trailers than most people have had hot dinners over the last 30years of being on the roads.

I'm fully aware of the gross train of the car and I'm usually just in by 40Kgs or so.

I've towed some pretty wiered things like 60 foot yachts with a 16 ton Uni-Mog and those trucks don't have speedo's as such they count the speed in metres per minuit.

Ever tried towing a Glider trailer? 15 feet of tail swing on those.

I've had 15 Renault's since 1987 in all guises, and find them to be a very under rated car for comfort and also performance.

I've found by experience that the "R" in Renault has meant reliability to me.

Oh by the way, did I mention I'm a proto type engineer in the motor industry and a ROSPA catagory A trained driver. I have great fun testing cars and other vehicles to the max on the test tracks.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
If you're towing at 100% limit, Steve, you had better have the car almost unladen. Otherwise you would be almost certain to exceed the max. permissible gross train weight.
We're in Essex today. Where we go to next depends on the weather forecast. Either a couple of days in London if the weather is bad (there's always enough to do in big cities whatever the weather) or we'll be heading in the general direction of Lincolnshire for starters.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts