renult laguna brakes

Jun 15, 2008
Visit site
hi i have just come back from a weekend break with mrs and kids and mut . Itwas a test ride as we are getting ready to go to france in july 1st time abroad ,now the problem is that i felt my cars brakes seemed to smell hot why would this be ?We hwve only just bought this about 2mnths ago any suggestions Also why im on here pickikng brains i also developed a problem with the mains inverter fuse i think someting is broke as it intermitently lost power give the fuse holder a wiggle and its back on, is this a broken wire or do i need a new transformer thanks for your help

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
if this was a new car it may of just been the brakes bedding in,

if not you may have a slightly sticky caliper,

if you were towing a caravan maybe the brakes on that were not working as good as they should be putting extra pressure on the cars brakes causing extra heat, inturn making them smell.

and it could be the case that it was the clutch smelling, due to overrevving or excess weight.

im not picking on your driving just trying to come up with sujestions to help you :)

reguards mike

Jun 15, 2008
Visit site
thanks mike for your reply i think you could be right with the clutch as i felt i had to over compinsate as it developed a slight judder whilst pulling away maybe it needs a clutch or a new driver lol .Ithink i will play safe and stick the car in for a service ,also just get the brakes checked on caravan .AGAIN THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts