Replacement of High Pressure input hoses on pre 2004, twin input, manual changeover, butane, 28mbar, gauge and regulator.

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I have removed my Gaslow twin input, manual changeover gauge/regulator from my old Musketeer and wish to fit it to my current 1994 Bailey Pageant.
The Musketeer had a gas bottle box mounted on the A-frame with the gas bottles mounted close to each other so the 50cm. HP hoses were easily long enough. The twin input system was very reliable and convenient to use.
The Bailey has a full width front locker with the spare wheel stored centrally with a gas bottle at each side of it, hence the gas bottles are further apart. It is just possible to fit the gauge/regulator to each bottle with the 50cm HP hoses but this locates the gauge/regulator immediately in front of the spare wheel. This is obviously not practical as it would be necessary to disconnect one of the gas bottles in order to remove the spare wheel when required.
To overcome this I had intended to mount the gauge/regulator to one side of the locker so that the spare wheel was easily accessible and replace the 50cm HP hoses with one HP hose 75cm and one HP hose 100cm. which are apparently available. I believed that I would be able to remove the existing 50cm HP hoses from the gauge/regulator to fit the replacements. Unfortunately I am having difficulty removing the existing hoses. The nuts are 14mm. and are extremely tight and I do not wish to use too much force as I do not know whether they are LH or RH thread. I am not sure as to the type of connections on each end of these HP hoses but I believe that the coupling that connects to the gas bottle is a "21.8 LH" and the coupling that connects to the gauge/regulator is a "W20"
Is anyone able to confirm or correct this please and comment as to whether the gauge regulator connection is LH or RH?
Has anyone changed HP hoses on one of these twin input gauge/regulator systems?

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys. There are no grooves on the nut so appears it is RH thread which Damian confirms. All I have to do now is get them loose somehow.

TRENDING THREADS