Retired lady searching for Swift 530 touring caravan

Jul 13, 2021
Visit site
Having previously owned static caravans, I'm now retired and, looking to start a new chapter in my life with a touring caravan. Ideally this would be around 2008-2010, with layout of a Swift Challenger/Conqueror 530. I have found someone to tow it down to Norfolk & keep in storage for me - all I need is a caravan to start the 2022 season! If you are thinking of selling, please get in touch ...... Elaine & Charlie, my canine companion

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Elain27 Welcome to the forum I hope you get the caravan you are looking for try Auto Trader caravans

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2021
Visit site
Thank you for the suggestions. I have been trawling the internet and, writing lots of notes. There doesn't appear to be many for sale in my area at the moment, but I'm hoping this will change once the main season is over. Have bought a Haynes Caravan Manual & pile of magazines on eBay to increase my knowledge!

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Elaine. Unfortunately there is a real shortage of caravan stock, new and used as Covid restrictions on travel abroad have sent lots of folks to Staycations. This bubble will burst as all bubbles do, but just now you are going to struggle. Keep looking on the internet, you may just find the one you want. If you are in no rush, next year may be a better time to buy as overseas travel hopefully opens up a bit. Good luck
Mel

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Mels Advice is as always very good.
We toured with two dogs for many years, forget about how much room they need. Tkink about how many days away you will do, weekends or during the week. COVID, has changed bookings. Weekend at some sites are unavailable.
Singles caravan groups are available , depends on what you are for .
Good luck

Reactions: Mel
May 7, 2012
Visit site
I am afraid that the very few caravans available at the moment will make looking for a specific model difficult. Hopefully things will change as the Summer season ends but time will tell. Possibly looking for the layout rather than a specific model would help.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
At any point in time, the quality/value of second-hand caravans for sale varies considerably - with the high demand experienced at present, most of the higher quality or better value caravans will have been bought leaving predominantly the lower quality or over-priced ones - you may be lucky and find a descent one at a sensible price but keep your eyes open for the rest.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I have seen this at Standish Caravans
2010 Swift Challenger 530 4 berth Caravan
it looks in nice condition
Good Luck

Attachments

• standish-logo-small.gif
    standish-logo-small.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 5

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts