Returning to caravanning

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

I am considering a return to caravanning after a break of about 15 years. The last caravan we had was an Abbey Oxford and we liked the end washroom layout.

I am thinking about a new Bailley Pageant Moselle which has an end washroom and an L shaped lounge.

I will be towing with a Chrysler Grand Voyager. I wondered if anyone has had experience of either the Pageant Moselle or the Chrysler as a tow car.

Also any tips about caravanning in the 2000s.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
its a long shot but are you the richard that was at orwell meadows in ipswitch last summer camping in a big family group, its just that this richard had a chrysler voyager, was returning to caravanning and im sure his surname began with a "c" also

rergards

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Richard, we started off with a Moselle and found making the bed each night tiresome, especially with the L shaped cushions. Decided to go for the Vendee and we are now on our second. Still has the L shape, a decent fixed bed and, whilst the washroom is not as big is more than compensated by just having to walk to the end of the caravan and get into bed, where you spend far more time than in the washroom.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Richard, Welcome back to caravanning, we got a moselle, and we loved it, people say making the bed up is a pain, we don"t just take your time making the bed up, after all you are on hoilday why rush, fix bed is nice but you lose the washroom, the choice is your,Good Luck, Trevor

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Go for it Richard! We returned to this great hobby last summer after a 5 year break (kids grew up!) and haven't any regrets. Have a good look round as many vans as you can - you'll be amazed at how they've improved but as a consequence they've all got a lot heavier. The CC magazine did a review on the Grand Voyager last month I think - it got a good write up too, with it's high kerb weight it'll pull most vans on the market.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts