Returns details inside box??

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
My wife ordered an air fryer and it arrived today by courier(left in front enclosed porch).
Before I began to unpack it,I noticed that there seemed to be rather a lot of sellotape around the top of the box(seemed like extra had been added).
My first thoughts were this had previously been returned by a previous owner and sent back out.
Anyway,after opening the box and inspecting the fryer,it does look brand new and unused.
I did however find a "sorry I missed you"card from the courier inside along with a returns label with barcode and returns address.
I wont mention the courier but they have recently changed the name of their company.
I found this very strange and wondered if anyone else has had the same thing happen.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My wife ordered an air fryer and it arrived today by courier(left in front enclosed porch).
Before I began to unpack it,I noticed that there seemed to be rather a lot of sellotape around the top of the box(seemed like extra had been added).
My first thoughts were this had previously been returned by a previous owner and sent back out.
Anyway,after opening the box and inspecting the fryer,it does look brand new and unused.
I did however find a "sorry I missed you"card from the courier inside along with a returns label with barcode and returns address.
I wont mention the courier but they have recently changed the name of their company.
I found this very strange and wondered if anyone else has had the same thing happen.
Evri company has their own approach 😱
I had a parcel delivered tonight by Amazon. They did not ring the doorbell or knock either the door or window. The first we knew was when Alexa burst into life to notify me of its delivery. I don’t think we will ever go back to the pre covid approach. Where they would try two or three attempts to deliver in person. I’m tending more to divert them to lockers if I know we may not be in.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site

I just sent a caravan jack to a buyer with the same company. All sorts of problems, the buyer and myself had pages of texts. Contacting them to make a claim proved very difficult. They even made the news with people complaining. I then found a web site that gave the CEO’s contact. It worked, I got a refund and was able to refund the customer.

Some may find this link useful in the future, worked for me.

John

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
I agree otherclive but wasnt happy about them opening a customers box to insert their returns paperwork.(unless of course they had permission from the retailer).

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We had something delivered by Evri but this time arranged for it to be put in a safe place at our bungalow and i got a text it had arrived .

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Not quite the same but we bought some lamps from a Market Place trader on Amazon. Very good lamps but not quite what we wanted when we saw them for real.

We arranged for a return and duly sent them back in the original box with the return authorisation inside.

A few days later a parcel arrived which look identical to the one we'd sent back. On opening it was the same two lamps with my original returns note inside.

We got the refund and a couple of free lamps. After a few weeks of no contact from the seller we sold them.

Reactions: Jcloughie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts