reversing light(towbar electrics)

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Been informed by the towbar fitters that they do not wire the revesing lights in as standard as it sometimes "shorts"the electrics! and it will be £25 for them to do it !! they said if partner competent(which he is!) it,s an easy task ! My question is ,.... is it easy?? and anyone got a sedona and wired there's up, think it would be a bit neglectful not to do it !! I always thought we had checked the reversing lights in the past but obviously not !!!

Tina x

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tina,

Our Witter fitter connected the reversing lights on our Sedona as part of the job. No mention of shorting. Now you've got me worried - next time I reverse will smoke pour out of the dashboard ?

Mike E

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Thanks mike

I thought we had been done !! but spoke to an auto electrician who said that generally they dont fit it ! partner has had a look and sure enough it isnt connected,I take it then you have had no problems and we can go ahead and do it? Not going back to them so they can get more money out of me !!!!!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tina.

We have not had any problems with the reversing lights either with the Sedona or the previous car, a Volvo 740 Estate. Both vehicles were fitted by local Witter tow bar fitters who did all the wiring too.

Mike

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Can't help but suspect that the person who claims that the connection of reverse lamps to the caravan is "having a laugh".

As Graham W states the car's Rev lamp circuit is connected to the caravan via pin 1 of the 12S socket.

The rev lamp circuit presents no greater risk of a short circuit than does say the brake lamps or the stop lamps.

Given that no other wires from the 12S socket need to go to the car's lighting system, maybe your fitter was a bit reluctant to exert a bit of extra effort.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts