reversing lights !

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi All

Brought the van to house ready for half term! on checking all the lights when hooked up-no reversing lights, would that be a bulb or fuse problem(sorry dumb blonde!) there are three things on the ""connector" that comes into the van from the towbar, and the others are working,if I recall reversing lights and fridge are on one and the fridge is working !

HELP !! Tina x

Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Hi Tina. The feed for the reversing lights is via the 12s plug(grey),BUT, the return for all lights is via the 12n(black). Therefore both plugs have to be connected for reverse lights to work...just another peculiarity of the system.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
thanks, van is 2004, have a black and a grey, hook them both up flick switch to van and check lights and fridge, usually all ok,but no reversing lights, could it be a dicky pin !???

Tina

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Could be that its not connected on the car.

Also, this may not make a difference but make sure the car/caravan switch is on caravan.

Steve

Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
thanks, van is 2004, have a black and a grey, hook them both up flick switch to van and check lights and fridge, usually all ok,but no reversing lights, could it be a dicky pin !???

Tina
Tina, Did your rev lights work before? Sometimes towbar fitters do not connect the yellow wire from 12s cable to rev lights on car.Most vans have only one rev light...has bulb blown?

Did you switch ignition on and engage rev gear?Cos rev light is controlled via igition switch.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site

Tina
Yes they did,I'm quite particular about the checks as am a nervous novice !now I am doubting myself and wondering if we only did lights,indicators brakes and fridge ! anyway yes car is always running when we check !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts