rhyno mover

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
I've just seen an artical in the cc mag for the rhyno caravan mover, it costs £599 you fit it yourself and it has a 5 year guarantee, i've looked on their web site and the spec seems good. Soft start etc, Has anyone fitted or have a van with this system? if so is it ok? whats the ground clearance like? and any other info would be very helpful

thanks Mike

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
At the time I needed a new unit I found out the Rhyno did not feature cross actuation [ ability to engage/disengage from a single side]. As I store in a car port with no access one one side this was not acceptable to me. Rhyno said I could leave it engaged in storage without risk to the tyres, but as these are directly a safety related item I felt unable to entertain doing that.

I liked the unit for its price, it was only the above issue that I could not accept.

Mar 29, 2004
Visit site
Hi

I did a price match against a Rhyno mover with Powertouch and fitted it myself.You can have cross actuation with a Powertouch Fantastic Company and Products, and i dont even work for them.

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
Hi Mike,

My friend & I looked at most motor movers at the NEC back in Feb 08. We chose the Rhyno Mover as the ground clearance was the greatest, and it can move up to 1800 kgs so it could be moved on to our next van's if so required. We brought one each and both paid the extra

Mar 29, 2004
Visit site
Hi again

If you're not desperate for a mover at the moment I will be worth waiting for the new Powertouch control system as it also has a variable speed function so you can move the caravan at a very very slow pace if required ideal for those tricky manoeuvres. I think it is released in the spring. I can vouch for how good it is because I have a pre production model fitted and its never let me down. It also uses the FM band for radio transmission which is far less susceptible to interference.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts