Rich tapestry of life

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
If here is one thing I have gained from visiting this forum it is some long distance friends who can all come together for a chat. People will always disagree, take my posting on televisions for instance I got told of good and proper but I do not hold that against these people they had their opinions and expressed them as they thought fit and I applaud them for that.

My wife, who does not use the forum, was looking over my shoulder last night, waiting to use the computer, and reading some of the posts on the various contentious subjects. Now bearing in mind she is a professional and tends to conduct herself in a manner that compliments her very high profile, jet setting job, as a finance director of one of the high street banks, here is what she said. 'Christ what a load of boring f**ts it looks like this Captain bloke is only trying to have a bit of fun'.

I think it's quite tragic that the moderator has had to 'muscle' in because things have spiralled out of control. And do you know what I don't think it's purely down to the Captain.

I think it was Lutz who said lack of humour would kill the forum, and it would.

Don't get me wrong I still think the Captain oversteps the mark sometimes but cant you people realise we are all different and no one of us should change to suit some bodies idea of the 'perfect caravanner'

If any body would like to use this thread to 'shake hands' please feel free.

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
I've been following these threads with interest over the last couple of days and have tried to keep out of it but I would like to make this observation. We seem to be missing the point here that we all have different views we all come from different walks of life we are all different age groups the list is endless. The only thing that we have in common is that we are all caravanners so there are bound to be disagreements. So lets use our common interest to bring us back together and draw a line under the last few days

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
I've been following these threads with interest over the last couple of days and have tried to keep out of it but I would like to make this observation. We seem to be missing the point here that we all have different views we all come from different walks of life we are all different age groups the list is endless. The only thing that we have in common is that we are all caravanners so there are bound to be disagreements. So lets use our common interest to bring us back together and draw a line under the last few days
which is what i was trying to say in the penultimate sentence we are all diferent and should not be pigeon holed into any one persons ideal.

good luck Big Roy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts