Richard (D**k) Turpin lives on.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Aye and dont look at the prices where the A426 crosses the M6 north of Rugby which I think is predominantly a lorry services! Regularly the most expensive in the area! I think the aforementioned has taken up residence here!
Todays update:
Your beats mine Clive as currently diesel at 182.9!

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Turpin .Was stand and deliver gold or your liver. A murderer and infamous Highwayman finally paid the price with a stretched neck

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Do they actually sell any at that price. You can just about buy petrol at under £150 here so it is not us that is being robbed. At least you are warned before entering.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Do they actually sell any at that price. You can just about buy petrol at under £150 here so it is not us that is being robbed. At least you are warned before entering.
I didn’t pay that price, car has ample range fir Wiltshire to Northumberland. We were in an adjacent McDonalds. The fuel prices as advertised on M1 were cheaper than the photo.

Dec 27, 2022
Visit site
If you buy using a fuel card the price is always less than published. So those prices only apply to those buying with cash or credit card.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I hope this thread isn’t going to morph into that endlessly boring one where we got daily updates of fuel prices around the U.K. I only posted #1 because it was astronomically expensive even compared to the M1 service areas that were displaying their prices in advance.

Reactions: ProfJohnL
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
You get stung in the same way as cash.
/credit card.
I forgot to add debit card as I never use mine for any transactions.
We use an Esso fuel card and get 4p off a litre.

I hope this thread isn’t going to morph into that endlessly boring one where we got daily updates of fuel prices around the U.K. I only posted #1 because it was astronomically expensive even compared to the M1 service areas that were displaying their prices in advance.
Nothing wrong with people engaging on the rising cost of fuel around the country and you started it anyway. What did you expect? A discussion of caravan usage? LOL! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We use an Esso fuel card and get 4p off a litre.

Nothing wrong with people engaging on the rising cost of fuel around the country and you started it anyway. What did you expect? A discussion of caravan usage? LOL! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
No; but if you recall that thread on fuel prices went on for so long that several posts said it was boring. Fuel prices are what they are and drivers have to pay up if they need fuel. My recent post was just a one off showing a an extortionate price even by motorway standards. You could have resisted the temptation to reply.

Dec 27, 2022
Visit site
Esso garage only. It is the CAMC one issued a few years ago. I had a look at their new offering, but decided against it.
I wasn't around for the old one but have gone for the new offering. I keep forgetting to note the price registered to compare to the invoiced price so I can see what the savings actually are.
The new card works at many places inc Tesco not just Esso.....

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It has already started, and frankly its a pointless exercise. As drivers we are all well aware that the cost of fuel is highly volatile, and I certainly get the impression retailers are ready to put prices up very quickly , but are very reluctant to reduce them with the same degree of urgency. So what s new ? Nothing!

We also know full well that the cost of fuel varies across the country, and its especially more expensive on motorway service stations, and generally at branded fuel stations. So what's new ? Nothing!

I cannot believe there are any sensible motorists who on discovering the price per litre is a penny cheaper at a forecourt over 50 miles away would even entertain the idea of travelling that far to take advantage of the lower cost.So what's new ? Nothing!

Even if you are armed with knowledge of prices elsewhere what are you going to do with it? Are you going to boycott your local seller until they reduce prices? Your more likely to run out of fuel before the retailer takes pity on you and reduces their prices.

So what's going to change? Nothing!

Reactions: otherclive
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I have an app on my phone that allows me to check the price of fuel in the area where we will be travelling and if the "cheaper" fuel is in that area, then I will fuel up at that station. In our nearest town we have 2 Esso fuel stations plus Tesco with one of the fuel stations connected to ASDA and the other Morrisons.

The Morrisons Esso is the normally the cheaper one of the two sometimes by as much as 4p with Tesco being about 1p cheaper than the Morrisons Esso, but with the 4p less using the fuel card, the Morrison Esso is always the option.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts