Ring RAC630 Inflator

Sep 12, 2020
Visit site
Hi guys
This is my first post and i am looking for any info or reviews on the Ring RAC630 inflator
I have a 2016 Bailey Cadiz the tyre pressure is 64psi and i am hoping i have bought an
inflator capable of doing a good job
Any help or advice will be very helpful
artfish

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Try Autoexpress Reviews for a good report. I always use a second pressure gauge as a back stop check so I’m not totally reliant on the one auto inflation machine’s gauge.

Question why buy one and then ask for reviews?

Reactions: Galgo slave
Sep 12, 2020
Visit site
Try Autoexpress Reviews fir a good report. I always use a second pressure gauge as a back stop check so I’m not totally reliant on the one auto inflation machine’s gauge.

Question why buy one and then ask for reviews?
Good question i picked this item up at a car boot over 14 months ago our last trip out was in jan/feb this year and we have not been out since. Covid has kept us at home but we are looking again at the possibility of a break away soon and i came across inflator in shed
artfish

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
Hi guys
This is my first post and i am looking for any info or reviews on the Ring RAC630 inflator
I have a 2016 Bailey Cadiz the tyre pressure is 64psi and i am hoping i have bought an
inflator capable of doing a good job
Any help or advice will be very helpful
artfish

Just be aware this will need a 10amp supply and it's a tad risky using your caravan 12 v socket, and likely too your car's.
You may need to replace plug with croc clips and use direct from car battery or rig up an higher output supply yourself . (This was my route, a 20amp rated socket, appropriate gauge wire, 20 amp fuse and wired to the van battery (Also useful for air awnings)).
It will do the job but it's not small!
Many come with the screw type valve fitment which invariable lets out a couple pf psi before you can properly detach it! This is no exception.
This model will inflate to your required 64 psi and above up to 100 psi.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Many come with the screw type valve fitment which invariable lets out a couple pf psi before you can properly detach it! This is no exception.

I find that if you push the hose towards the valve at the same time as unscrewing it and then release at first hiss of air - no pressure is lost that way - but in any case I prefer to use a pencil-type gauge to reduce the pressure after I've inflated slightly higher than required.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I use a Tire-Tech gauge to check or de-pressure and it has a built in deflator that allows me to reduce the car tyres once on site. My PCL pencil gauge goes to 50 psi so is only used on the car.

Last edited:
Reactions: Galgo slave
Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
I find that if you push the hose towards the valve at the same time as unscrewing it and then release at first hiss of air - no pressure is lost that way - but in any case I prefer to use a pencil-type gauge to reduce the pressure after I've inflated slightly higher than required.

Yep I do the same Roger and I've found a thin smear of grease on the thread can help release cleanly and quickly.
Have to say though that I still prefer the "clamp-on" variety.

I have a gauge that copes with my aimed for 64 psi but, as Clive suggests above, not all go so high.

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
they get very good reviews

There's nothing wrong with the model except, perhaps, the size.
It's not the fastest pump around but has the extras such as flashing light etc.

I'm sure it will be fine for your purpose but, as I suggested above, just take care with the current draw.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
I have the RAC630 which is fine, but it blew the 12v fuse in the caravan, so I have to use the car (running) to power it, so I bought the RAC6000 battery powered version. Its much quicker and will inflate to over 60PSI with no issue. Bit bigger and more expensive but much quicker for doing tyres regularly. I teamed it with an clip adaptor which means you don't have to fumble unscrewing the pump from the valve as air escapes.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
For caravan tyres I use a cycle track pump. Very quick as the van tyres hardly change so a top up is all that’s required. I use a electric Michelin fir upping the cars tyres pressures when required for towing.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a Ring 12v pre-set digital unit which does pump up to the 65psi for van tyres fairly easily. It connects easily and has an indicator also a button to relealse a little pressure if you set it too high.
It works well from the sockets in the car - which are fused at 15 amps - so check your card handbook for fuse ratings for sockets first. Also, if you can, have engine running on tickover when inflating. Don't do this longer than necessary - not good for it.
The big snag with this pump is that the display - particularly the setting of units and inflation pressure required - is tiny and LCD type and difficult if not impossible to read in bright sunlight, so set it up in shade first.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I have a Ring 12v pre-set digital unit which does pump up to the 65psi for van tyres fairly easily. It connects easily and has an indicator also a button to relealse a little pressure if you set it too high.
It works well from the sockets in the car - which are fused at 15 amps - so check your card handbook for fuse ratings for sockets first. Also, if you can, have engine running on tickover when inflating. Don't do this longer than necessary - not good for it.
The big snag with this pump is that the display - particularly the setting of units and inflation pressure required - is tiny and LCD type and difficult if not impossible to read in bright sunlight, so set it up in shade first.
Why do you have the engine on for inflating tyres?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Why do you have the engine on for inflating tyres?
To give the inflator the full 12+ volts so that it runs efficiently. Otherwise the voltage drop up the rather thin power leads means it suns much more slowly and tends to get hot before reaching pressure.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts