riverside country park wooler

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi thinking of visiting northumberland this year, has anyone stayed on this site in wooler, or are there any other sites in the area with facilities for kids (14 & 11)

Cheers

Paula

G

Difficult to answer. I stayed on it once but this was a good few years ago, and we left early never to return. However, it has changed hands since then and may have improved. A lot of statics and full of 'Geordies'. Absolutely nothing against Geordies as they are wonderful people but their ideas of fun, are not mine. Wooler is a nice place as long as you like very small towns in the country. The 'nightlife' is pretty limited unless your idea of fun is a few beers in the pub. However, if you like walking then the surounding countryside is great. If you are going with others and then have the advantage of your own group then it could be fine, but as mentioned before, not my cup of tea.

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi Thanks for the reply, not bothered about having loads of entertainment, dont really use the pubs and clubs. Just looking for somewhere for my sons to fish, swim, play golf and chill out. do like walking though and would like to see northumberland and the scenery

Apr 15, 2009
Visit site
we have passed through wooler a few times & the site looks ok. my hubby has been in the pub & says it was fine.

the whole area is great, i stay in the scottish borders & there is loads of things to do.

maybe look at ord caravan park at berwick,or haggerston if you fancy somewhere busier.

cheers

carole

Nov 23, 2008
Visit site
wouldn't recommend haggerston has gone downhill went 19 years ago when we got married and was fab but on our return last year was completely different the touring field is abog when it rains as there is no drainage toilets arn't cleaned that ofton and for the week we were there the touring reception was deserted waren mill at seahouses is nice has a small outdoor pool the play area is in the middle of the touring area so you can be pitched anywhere and still keep an eye on your younger child

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts