Riverside holiday park (southport)

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
Yorkie, as you dont seem to be getting any views on this site I will tellyou what I know of it. Bear in mind that this is not recent experience so things MAY have changed.

This site used to have a fairly low rent night-club where as youngsters (10 - 15 years ago) groups of friends would occasionally travel from Preston, by the bus-load, to get very, very drunk, with the expected antics/ noise/ behaviour afterwards. Plenty of people used to get thrown out of the club and have nothing to do until the rest of the party left at 2.00 am so would wander round outside, waiting for the shared taxi home. As you can imagine this is not the sort of place I would visit with a family with those sort of memories of it.

I stress this is quite a few years ago so things may well have improved but I think the night club is still there. It is still fairly well remembered from people of my age group (mid 30's) in Preston, and I still cringe whenever I drive past on the way to Southport.

Jul 3, 2006
Visit site
Hiya

We were booked in here for the bank holiday weekend as we had left it too late to get in anywhere else and it looked nice on the website.

we had spent the previous week at the CC Site at Coniston which is the most beautiful, tranquil, scenic site you can imagine.

When we got to the Southport site we had to wait for ages for the warden to return to his van, he then directed us to a pitch where someone had been living for the past 8 weeks which was no more than hardened churned up mud. There were bits of old carpet and dog poo and bricks and wood with nails on strewn about.

The site couldn't have been more different to coniston if it had tried - all the vans were jammed onto a small field and most of them looked as if they were there all year round as they had all sorts of clutter set out.

We parked up and decided to go to the beach first as the kids had had enough of being cooped up and when we got back we decided we couldn't stay there it was too awful. So we rang a few certified locations in the area and ended up on the most beautiful field in a farm with amazing views, only 2 other caravans both of whom were very friendly, blackberry bushes aplenty .... and had a wonderful bank holiday weekend.

Mind you - we were not impressed with Southport and spent most of our time heading back to the lakes for the day and spending the evenings chilling on the farm and watching the sun set.

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
Hi Kathryn,

Looks like it hasnt changed much over the years then.

Couldnt agree more about Coniston (I assume you mean Park Coppice), which is a fantastic site. We are off there this weekend for the 3rd time this year, and hope to fit in another visit before they close for the winter in November.

Apr 10, 2005
Visit site
don't bother site a bit rough to say the least and we had to call the warden on my mobile to find him to give us a pitch at 3pm in the afternoon his tel no is in the office window and also they had the cheek to keep

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts